Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dear Self....

Please look up the definition of Productivity, because you have not been doing it.

ugh seriously....I've done nothing productive. Work doesn't count because anything I do produce doesn't go to me. It goes to Presumptions'R Us (like my nickname for work? I'm still fine-tuning but yea) and my time off has been wasting playing Sims, playing with my hair, reading the long hair forum and looking at hairtoys. Well I guess going through my hairstash was kinda productive. I have a much better idea of how many hairtoys I have. Most are decorations for a bun, pretty clips and headbands, but I do have some hairsticks, 4. Actually, and. 3 of them are light plastic. I also have 3 different types of hairpins, plus 2 spinpins (love those) I also went thru my hair care produuct stash and hooleeeee shit! The long hair forum has a "use up your stash challenge" thread...I should get an account and join that thread. I did add one hair product when I went grocery shopping yesterday for me and Mom...I got a jar of coconut oil. I got the slightly cheaper stuff since it's for hair, not eating...but yea. Lots of the forum peeps swear by a little coconut oil on the ends.

so there are 2 areas I really need to use up my stash...actually 3 areas.... hair care, bath and body, and diet foods. I have sooo many soap bars & body washes & lotions...and also sooo many processed food bricks ^_^ buffy reference... need to use them uup! Eat a bar instead of junk food! And when bored....play with hair or lotions instead of eating junk ^_^ I've scrubbed my shower & cleaned the tiny bathroom enough to selftan. I found that St Tropez and Charlotte Ronson selftanners both look very natural on me. I prefer the St Tropez mousse as a base, then the Charlotte Ronson cuz it smells so nice and it's a gradual tanner so I don't need gloves. I generally do St Tropez one night & Charlotte Ronson the next. And then I get distracted and the tan fades. Dummy. I should alternate between my 2 selftanners every night for a week & see what color I get.
my weight is holding steady... I haven't reached a new high but I'm still overweight & my Mom is worried about me. She's diabetic & struggles w her weight too, so she doesn't force me to eat ever. But she does bring home leftovers from church functions a lot, because we're poor and it's free food. She often has to ask me for money, not huge amounts. But she'll often be like $100 or $150 short at the end of the month.
I think I'll just take over the grocery shopping. I'm actually pretty good about not buying junk food except those girl scout/nestle crunch bars. Those are soooo good ... they're also limited edition so they won't be around to tempt me forever. When I went grocery shopping yesterday I got kroger's version of Mio (kroger's version is both cheaper and has some B vitamins) and I got zero calorie Propel packets to put in my water bottle. I saw those and remembered Ana Regzig mentioning them long ago. I also got a small Bolthouse Farms berry smoothie...I don't know if it's the same flavor she praised so highly but well....they may have changed the recipe or the name or both by now. I also got tomato juice cuz I loooove cold tomato juice in the summer. Just plaintomato, not V8.
so yea... I should just take over the grocery shopping. We won't run out of milk because I won't let us, I can help financially cuz that 100-150 a month just a little less than Mom spends at the grocery store each month, and I can help myself dietwise by controlling most of the food that is in the house. No more sugary cereals. I haven't eaten them in months yet every so often Mom would bring another one home. And Mom hates grocery shopping... I love it!
and maybe that increased food spending would help me brake my junk spending at Presumptions'R Us? Cuz that's a huge reason why I'm so fat..and a money sink in general. I'm so tired that I've burned all my willpower not punching stupid people so I break and get candy or hair crap or something. Usually candy. Chocolate. And I know if I save my $ I could get something really nice at Sephora but dealing with idiots at work is so draining... ugh! Willpower needs time to build up again!

I've come up with a 3day diet plan to coincide with a 3day work in a row. I usually alternate but with some firings and hirings and some movement across the "depts" (counters really) I'm likely to work 3 days a week, and all in a row. This is kinda nice I think. But willpower will be low. So the idea is to set up my 3day plan so I can just dump my drink mix in and go. To be as little effort as possible.. and when school starts again, even if I don't have class...I'm gonna mark my availability so I keep the 3days in a row. The top senority lady wants to run the makeup counter. She can have it. She wants me there when she's not, and she's full time so i'd get 2 or 3 days most weeks. That's fine. I'll wander the woods, try to write, make myself pretty on my days off. Maybe I'll seek a job at Sephora. Be cool to get an employee discount there!

haven't forgotten my comic. I still work on it. Just still haven random scenes and no storyline. I got notebook doodlings. Think I'll try to follow Peri's advice... just go with it. If the comic sometimes seems disjointed (cuz it is) well maybe that can be part of its charm?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever even seen that much hair stuff outside of a grocery store lol

    I like what you've got down about your 3day plan, and I hope you'll update us on how it goes!
    I wish I could walk through the woods, but out by my house, all the trees are being cut down for a stupid train station. =/

    Good luck with the 3day plans, love! I'm anxious to hear how it goes!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working counts as production, just as an Economist! You're helping drive the country's economy :p

    Grrr if the Christchurh Market was still running I'd go up and get you some lovely wooden hairsticks from the guy I got mine from. Unfortunately the Market was held in The Square, which is smack bang in the Red Zone D':

    You should chart your stash-busting progress here. Stash-busting IS a term! It's used by knitters and spinners who have a Yarn Stash or Fibre Stash that is reaching monumental proportions and needs some hardcore reduction XD

    Processed food brick? (I've never seen Buffy. Is it good?)

    Man, all the good stuff you guys can get that they don't sell here :( I'll have to stick to getting VitaQuench when it's on special.

    Don't take your money to work. I leave my wallet at home or take my eftpos card out so I don't have money to spend on junk after work :) Taking over the grocery shopping would be a good idea too. Feeling stressed about money makes you impulse buy more, too.

    With work it's good to plan in advance, otherwise you do end up eating tons of crap :/

    YES YES COMIC GO FOR IT! QuestionableContent started out disjointed as hell, so did Megatokyo. A lot of the really popular MLP-themed storyline tumblrs started out random and evolved a storyline over time. This is the best example:
    http://askdiscordwhooves.tumblr.com/

    Your Mum is a Mrs Weasley? AWESOME! If I visit the states prepare for a one-woman invasion :p My friend's Mums used to adopt me when I was younger, it was so weird. I could teach your Mum socks. It's only stocking stitch socks that are boring, they're actually a lot more fun than things like scarves coz you see progress SO much faster!

    You are absolutely adorable when you go into Borg mode. Since I have no social obligations tomorrow I'll bite the bullet and record the song. Hopefully the neighbours will be too drunk to hear me XD

    Love you so much. Look after yourself at work, ok?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.

    Bit the bullet.

    http://glueandpieces.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/penalty-song-unlisted-video.html

    Omg this was so bad I'm going to cry. No way I'm making that publicist available on Youtube!

    Ok, time to learn how to play the recorder and learn how to read music.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.

    I wouldn't mind a hug :)

    Thank you for the reminder about the stupid brain chemistry. Do you mind if I use that analogy if/when I have to explain this shit to nieces and nephews? "Aunty Peri's brain doesn't make enough the right chemicals so she's very very sad all the time. It's like how Aunty Sam's pancreas doesn't make enough insulin. They're just a bit broken and need medicine to make them work properly"

    Thank you for your words on the Penalty Song. If I have to do that again I'll definitely be doing it when the neighbours are at class, or just FUCK THEM AND THEIR EARS and have at.

    Lol, I keep wanting to spell your name with a "u", coz we use British English spellings here. Every bloody time I typo it all I can think of is Tiny Plaid Ninjas
    http://youtu.be/rZccIAg_N2Q

    I don't have The Voice on my Celtic Woman DVD so I had to look it up on the YouTube. Omg it's amazing! Her voice is my least favourite of the women from the concert (At least in You raise Me Up. Is she a bit nasal or is it just me not liking her "i"s and "e"s?) but I LOVED that song so much.

    Lots of love and many hugs to you <3

    ReplyDelete