Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

makeup babbling

Ok so I got sick thanks to Mom being contagious, and I had to work anyway, so I've been out of it the past 4 or 5 days but yesterday and today I've been in that horrid spot of where my body is all "don't get up, don't be vertical, don't do anything or else" and my brain is all "omg I am so bored" so today I have been sitting in bed with a pile of cheapass makeup on one side (cuz my good stuff was in its proper corner and being upright was dangerous) and a pack of makeup remover wipes on the other.
And I've just been watching makeup vids on my phone and practicing various looks. Here's the one I'm watching most recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7CCjpP1Pw I like it because it shows a little bit of everything. Contour and highlights, and she mentions products that I actually recognize. I even have some of them. I have a Tarte lipsurgence crayon and I do love it. It goes on smooth and soft and has a slight minty cooling feel and a slight minty scent. And it's so moisturizing! . But I recognize every product she showed in that vid.
I also watched videos that use liquid foundations to do their contouring. Whoa! But as scary as those vids look, that's also what I've had the best luck with. Somehow I don't have a good contour powder. All my bronzers are either too shimmery or too orange or both. Or they just look muddy no matter what. Probably too yellow. But I have a lot of foundations from the old marykay starter kit that absolutely don't match my skin tone. But somehow when used as stripes under my usual foundation...magic happens. I'm getting the hang of this! And I also found out that the ugly Presumptions R Us mineral sunscreen that turns me Casper-white can be blended to make the beige foundations light enough for me. This is great to help me use up my stash.
the last look I tried before the sun went down (I always do foundation in natural light) was that cheapass sunscreen (hiya Casper) then streaks of a dark bronze foundation (darker than what Beyonce would wear) on the sides of my nose and hollows of my cheeks. And then I painted on a beige foundation. About 2 shades darker than my natural skin tone. And something about this combination is just great. The sunscreen lightened everything up, the bronze turned into gentle shadowing, and the beige suddenly matched my neck. I must have done this blend like 8 times before I got it. But I got it! I have successfully recreated this blend twice. But ugh my face! Makeup wipes are great in a pinch, but nothing compares to a good scrubbing. I think I'm getting a pimple on my chin. Anyway now I'm practicing eye stuff, specifically the shape she does in that video. I've seen that eyeshadow shape in other videos and I just can't get it.I'm not lining it up right or something. Ugh. Physically I'm tired. Mentally I'm wide awake. I work again on Friday. Why do I only get sick on my days off?!?

3 comments:

  1. That is the BEST way to spend those days. I usually waste it reading Fanfic *sigh*

    "Why do I only get sick on my days off?!?" THIS THIS THIS. I've gotten uber-crook just in time for my holidays. I can't go anywhere or enjoy myself or even go out in the garden. UGH.

    Comment replies:
    I don't think it's supernatural, I think it's bad timing. You guys are hitting Flu Season just as we're having the last run of late-spring colds and shit. Blargh.

    Oh I got the box of dick alright. SO PRETTY AND SO SQUIDGY AND OMFG IT IS THE BEST! I really should have gotten a custom split and gotten the base in a harder silicone so those clit nubbins are more, um, rigid. Still, 'tis a fucking epic toy ^.^

    Why does the idea of glass freak you out? There aren't any sharp edges and they make them from the really-fucking-hard-to-break stuff. (Think jet plane windscreens) And so easy to clean, omg yes.

    Omfg you make me even gladder that my wizzies grew in straight. The longest I've been on liquids only was a week or so after getting my tongue pierced and by day 2 I was dying to crunch something. I can't imagine how frustrating that weeks of it would be D:

    We have good worker laws here. You're supposed to have a minimum of 12hrs between shifts, especially in a 24-hr establishment (What ours used to be) Fuck I'm totally on the side of the Black makeup lady. Wtf, that other bitch has no seniority OR experience in your chain and they still wanna promote her? I SMELL FAVOURITISM!

    More theives than customers? What the ever-living FUCK?!? You sure you don't wanna move here are go to beauty school with Miles' sister and be a pro wedding makeup artist and work on movies and shit?

    LOVE YOU HONOUR sorry I took so long to reply *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    Honour, I need your help. You're a violin-type-instrument player, right?
    I found this cover of the Madoka theme on Tumblr and while I love the concept the violins sound so fucking awful I want to cry. Is it me or are they out of tune? All I can think of is drunk back-of-the-hills texan rednecks sawing away not giving a shit and it makes me want to cry because it sounds so bad.
    http://glueandpieces.tumblr.com/post/66395732598/is-it-just-me-or-are-the-violins-sounding-weird-i
    This is the actual opening song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VVEduVaOWo
    In case you can't tell, this is my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE ANIME EVER and I totally ship Kyoko/sayaka. You can find it on animefreak.tv under "M" if you want to watch it for freeee with subs ;) Avoid spoilers on youtube clips until you've seen it, ok?

    LUFFLES YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've recovered!! And why did I never think of that when I'm too sick to get up and bored out of my mind?? Such a good idea. :D

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete