Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

attempting an experiment...

I just made a test youtube video and i'm trying to figure out how to upload it.
Please note the test vid is crap. i pulled my long-suffering viola out and played a few bits without practice, by ear. Also if the volume is up you might hear my cat whining in the beginning. i dunno. i heard it when for some reason the volume was uber-high when i first threw the wav file into Movie Maker. i made some fast MSPaint bitmaps to just throw into Movie Maker.
And somehow the last 3 seconds of the wav file got cut off. no idea how that happened.

Hmm... apparently Youtube has video editors? or something? I have no clue what I'm looking at.
Ok.. there's the "drag and drop" upload thingy...
ok it says it's uploaded.
pick a title.. and a pic to represent my sad little test in search results...

Ok.. apparently there's a review process or something?

they're telling me my vid will be live at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNLAz-BUY4 when it is ready to be watched.
I am amused at the BUY4 that is in the address. There's nothing to buy here.. but plenty to laugh at!

"We have detected a way to improve your video's cropping."
That doesn't surprise me.
I don't know what I'm looking at.. so when in doubt "Revert to original"
I mean.. i intended it to go up as is cuz i don't understand the online editors and i've heard that online-edited vids will get changed sometimes if youtube coding changes. So in theory staying as close to the original "raw file" as possible will keep it as intact as possible.
In theory...

so yea... ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNLAz-BUY4

that's supposed to be the test vid's location. Let me know if it shows up.. if you can hear it... basically if it works. I swear the volume is crazy. It was insanly loud when i put it into movie Maker, but soft when i played it on Media player. And my youtube preview had it at half volume. So i don't know what's going on.

And i'll worry about adsense for youtube some other time. Current goal is to figure out how to post.


3 comments:

  1. EHEHEHEHE I'M LISTENING TO YOU YOU VIOLA!

    I subbed, I'm Entelodont :p

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Comment Replies!

    I've been teasing the living shit out of him! It's soooo much fun :3

    Ok, what the fuck? Has someone gotten a hassle-gang together on you? SO NOT COOL. Since you can't trespass people unless they get violent and you have to PAY to do so I'm actually terrified for you. What the fuck is WRONG with your country?!? Please move here so you're not facing that kind of shit? PLEASE?!?!

    That video was hilarious. Thank you! XD

    Oh no, nightmares! NOOOO *hugs* I hate those kinds of stupid TV series. I like fantasy and SciFi shit, because reality sucks enough.

    My marshmallow suit is a giant red one-piece padded waterproof motorcycle suit. SOOOOO good in winter!

    Some regular customers are good, some suck balls. We have one who comes up for a small coleslaw EVERY WEEK WITHOUT FAIL he will ring the sodding bell if nobody is waiting out front to serve him. I really want to shut him in the seafood freezer. It's -22*c PLUS windchill in there :3

    Mmmmm I heart DHMO. I hate inhaling that stuff though, can be NASTY.

    Nah we don't have Sephora here, at least we don't in the south island. I dunno about the north. I'll check out the online store and see if they ship.

    UGH PRACTISE WITH MAKEUP?!? BUT I DON'T WANNA! :p

    My real name is the same as a certain Italian island near Pompeii, pronounced "K'pree" if you're english-speaking and 'Kapuri' if you're Japanese-speaking, NOT 'Cap-ree' as certain annoying Quebecois exchange students would have it >:( My pen name is 'Vienn', pronounced 'Vee-enn'
    IN FACT I sent a link to Skepchick that made the Quickies! I'm so stoaked!http://skepchick.org/2013/07/skepchick-quickies-7-8-4/

    I'll do a video int eh Shrug today, or I'll try anyway.

    LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH HONOR! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're pretty good on the viola there

    HOWEVER I was really upset that you weren't visible in the video, as I got really excited to see what you look like.
    ...I really hope that's not creepy.
    ^-^

    I also subscribed. Make more movies!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete