Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

cautiously a little optimistic

hello from an actual computer!! complete with internet!

ok the ancient computer that was all mine even if a used hand-me-down (old old... i mean 18GB total hard drive space)was combined with the slightly newer one (and by that I mean a 2003 computer with just under 100GB hard drive tho it had been partitioned into 60/40 by an earlier user) and this newer one is now in my room. It was huge and f*cking heavy to move up the stairs by myself. Moving crap took the better part of 3 days. i am using the old now-gone computer's monitor and keyboard and mouse, so that helped. I did take the newer one's speakers, since they actually work. I have music in my room again yay!!! Of my sleep schedule is still fecked to bits but eh.

although i think the most annoying part, not painful physically but damn annoying, was getting internet up here. i finally found a really REALLY long Ethernet cable. Winding it up the stairs and across the ceiling with lots of tape holding it up... yea that was fun. Fortunately my door doesn't fit the frame well so there's a space big enough for the cable even when the door is closed.

I broke down at work 2 weeks ago when NiceManager noticed i wasn't my usual self and i told all about pr0n-uncle and aunt snooty and all that fun and how the whole carpool home she's berated me and called me a waste of life etc. So NiceManager gave me an unofficial vacation as soon as she could. I didn't want her to have to rewrite the schedule she already made. But yea, i have this whole week off yay.

And thus far I've wasted all of it. Watched lots of Sailor Moon (it's on hulu, which apparently also streams at neonalley.com which is where i can watch both the old 90s anime and the new Crystal reboot), reread Jet Wolf's liveblog of Sailor Moon S (my fave overall season, tho i do adore the Doom Tree arc of R) and I ordered Sims 3 and Ambitions and Supernatural.. even tho i know damn well I need a new computer before I can play them. This one doesn't have enough free space or RAM.

But with Sims 4 coming out I wanted to grab 3 while I could. yea yea i'm behind, I don't care. i never had any Sims2 expansions at all. I've got the basic game and my poor computer was having issues with just that. So I've just been playing original Sims all this time. Buuut Jet Wolf has a Simshi page and now i want one. But Sims 2 also taught me that aging is no fun when only one household goes at a time. Bro showed how Sims 3 the whole neighborhood runs at once. I'll probably turn aging off anyway but just playing on his game it was soooo nice to visit neighbors! That was cool!!! So cool! Usagi could drop in on Rei anytime as you know she would!! So... someday. Maybe someday soon. Bro has already said he's use his NewEgg acct to get the parts and put it together himself, so that would chop my price in half. i just gotta pay for it. We also talked about me recording myself playing stuff for youtube and such. Because right now my recording options are either that old keychain camera that i got eons ago when i thought i might need to record that mean manager being evil to me... or even older mics that do plug into this computer but sound very tinny no matter what i do. And i know it's the mics, because Audacity can also record what i hear thru the speakers and that sounds fabulous. Soo... here's hoping that old keychain camera still works, eh? Cuz i did find out Audacity can put two wavs into a single mp3 so yay there. it would be hard as hell to line the parts up correctly cuz it's all by ear and eye, but it is possible.

Cuz dumbass me had wanted to have a song ready for Samantha Ronson's birthday.... which was August 7. oops.

In my defense I did have all that drama going on and i was missing a computer entirely for a few days while Bro transferred stuff. And mixing parts together is actually very hard with my current technology.

Aunt Snooty came over unexpectedly a few days ago and supposedly apologized but her non-apology was sooo couched in her justifications for how she acted and why she still says i'm selfish.

Let's be clear...:uncle has 3 kids of his own and dammit it is their job to save his ass! why are they doing nothing?! i am not required to give up my everything for him!

and you know why he can't live at her place? Because she and her husband (who is even worse) do not want to babysit the grandkid at the grandkid's own house. nope grandma's swingset is more special than any human. grandkid has to use grandma's swingset. or something.

Anyway... so I have not even thought about getting a new computer because I don't want to buy a new computer and get it up here only to have to lose it for God knows how long. So... no new computer for me until i am 100% sure I won't lose it over prisoner-uncle coming here. I'll just hang on to the Sims 3 games i guess.

Meanwhile prisoner-uncle has decided to stop eating and yes aunt snooty mentioned that SEVERAL times in her "apology". It was my Mom who finally told me that prisoner-uncle was doing it so his kids wouldn't have the shame of a father in prison. Apparently they haven't been visiting him or something. i also find it interesting that either he's given up on his case (guilty conscience?) or he's doing this as some sort of tactic? What's the thinking here? I don't thinks courts like attempts at emotional manipulation. He's been in there for about 5 months. Not even a year. And for being accused of a very very VERY serious crime, 6 months doesn't sound that long. Is it long? is this unusual for such a case? i have no way of knowing. i also don't know how real it is, since I always only ever get hearsay.

Oh one last thing.. aunt snooty was going on and on about how the internet is just shutting yourself away and i tried to point out how my best friend R and i had met online and he came up here. And the FIRST WORDS out of aunt snooty's mouth were "yea and he's living with that other girl"

WHAT THE FUCK??!? so a relationship is not valid unless it's sexual or something? Fuck you, bitch!

And then she told me i'm really just bisexual and i'm just afraid of sex or something. fuck that bitch!

but anyway... here i am on aug 9 and it's frickin early cuz my sleep patterns are fecked... but i still have computer and internet. I'm hoping it stays that way. and quick note about the ex-stepdad visiting in the last entry, he didn't leave until after 10pm. so yea... he was here from a lil before 3pm to past 10. at least he stayed away from me this time.

another note.. as i read thru my most recent entries... I feel i need to confess i now own Sailor Venus because clearly i have no willpower and I'm even thinking of signing up for the Amazon credit card just so i can get that one-time-use gift card they give you when you're approved.

Please note how i am blatantly ASSUMING I'll be approved. yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment