Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

i miss blogging from phone

@ Mich- nope the sugg sell item is chocolate. kitkats and reeses and fast breaks. And gum, but the gum's almost twice as much.

Mom's got the damn TV playing and an SVU episode is on dealing with a poor bullied 8 year old, bullied because her parents are lesbians, and the 8 year old snapped and stabbed the biggest bully in the back after he cornered her, grabbed her hair, tried to kiss her, and cut her hair off.
Well the damn lawyer for the homophobic grandparents just bulled the one surviving lesbian mom on the stand about keeping the girl in that horrid homophobic RomanCatholic school, and he got her to admit she'd made a huge mistake sending the child to the best school that area had to offer.
What really sucks having to choose such a school, because the state of some public schools is horrid, and that if you want your child to learn to read you sometimes have to choose between sending your kid to a religion school or sending her to some inner-city school like the one i went to, where gunshots happen and water mains break and airport-style metal detectors make yearly appearances.
The good news is the episode ended with the surviving mom, who was not the biological mom, getting the little girl. But both mom and girl were scarred from bullying not just from that evil boy, but also from his school, from the biological mom's homophobic parents, and even from the legal system. Unfortunately the biological mom died in the hospital. I'm not sure from what.

SVU stores are well-written, I admit that. The problem is they're true to life enough that my blood boils. The rape episodes give me flashbacks and the gay-rights ones make me shake and cry with flashes of homicidal rage.
It's best for me to not watch them.
I wish i could be doing this upstairs.. but the cellphone people decided to be assholes and shut my service off for being late for last month's payment. Mind you, THIS month's payment isn't due til the 14th and they cut me off on the 7th.
Which means i had to mail a check in order to pay it, cuz I usually pay from the handset and they turned me off just when i was going to pay them.

My car got very sick.... $1200 of damage and change. i was waiting til another check passed before paying the cell bill. Guess i waited one day too long?
Because I'm only one month behind. I accepted the late fee they slapped me with. I just wanted to avoid overdraft charges. Overdraft fees are usually much larger than late fees.

The real pisspoint is cellphone people cut me off halfway thru a service cycle... this cycle doesn't end til the 19th. So when next month's bill comes, how much you want to bet I'll be charged for the full 28 days of service when i only got about 18?
Here's hoping my check hits them soon. I hate not having a phone.

i found a new interview of Samantha Ronson-
http://ladygunn.com/music/samantha-ronson

I admire how she doesn't pretend to be someone or something she's not. She didn't grow up poor, and she knows she's had some advantages. But she also has a work ethic. She's also clean. Which i actually knew.. because her every move was being tracked, and depending where you go on the internet, her every move still is being tracked. Those obsessive fans of blohan still track Samantha around, either trying to pin all of blohan's crimes on Samantha or hoping "rohan" is secretly back together.
Samantha is not a drug user. She'd have been caught, the way blohan had that video of the "interesting" transaction on the street. i have a link to it somewhere.
Back to Samantha...
I never grew up poor, but I’ve been supporting myself since I was twenty. I haven’t taken a penny from my parents since then. Growing up, if we wanted more than our ten dollars a week allowance, we had to get a job. My mother wasn’t down with us being spoiled little rich kids. I’d borrow money from the other kids in class because my mother gave us enough money to get us out of trouble, but not enough money for us to make any trouble.

I feel like I’m such an easy target [in the press], and people just love shitting on me. I don’t respond to people because it just gives them what they want—attention. Do you know how hard it is to take the high road for so long? Because of it I’ve had eczema, panic attacks, I used to even get nosebleeds …
Poor girl. I still haven't sent that fanletter. I'm a bad fan. Seriously.. I've been working on this fanletter for what... 2 years now? Is my letter gonna take as long as her album? That is not cool! A fanletter is nowhere near as complicated as an album! i'm a bad fan!!
Here's another funny quote:
Since this is for our Obsession Issue, what was your first obsession? My Little Ponies. I had so many of them. I even had the Paradise Estate ones.
HAH! So Mich and The Littlest Ronson have something in common!

With the business being the way it is these days, I didn’t want to ever put myself in a position again where I was basically stuck with someone else for a whole record, where you have no control of the product. So after meeting with different labels, I decided to put out the record myself. I spent every last dollar I had putting the team together and making the record. It was literally a money pit of life. I feel like Tom Hanks!
This is her dream. And after her first album was buried thanks to her then-producer being bad with money and Rocafella went belly-up.. I can understand why she decided to do it herself.

This is what pisses me off about the "music industry"
The artists aren't allowed to own their songs!
She had to put her album out herself.. otherwise it could have been stolen from her just like her last one was. She mentioned in an interview video she did for HelloGiggles that Def Jam owns all the songs for her first album that should have come out back in 2004 or so. What the flying fuck? SHE WROTE THEM!! And someone else owns what she wrote?

Go the self-publishing route. Always always. It's more expensive but you get to keep what you wrote.

Wow she has such dreamy eyes. Even as her eyes get little smile wrinkles around them (smoking is bad, mmkay?) she still has dreamy eyes. Snappy and expressive eyes. And when you actually manage to catch her in a genuine smile (which is like playing Where's Waldo..) those dreamboat eyes absolutely glow.
Ok stop being a drooling fangirl... she's with Erin Foster now and she's clearly very happy and Erin is good for her because she's looking great, better than i've seen her look in a long long time. here's hoping Erin gets her to quit the cancer sticks!

Damn i gotta get off my ass. i owe Mich a Rohirrim theme on my viola, and I also want to arrange some of Samantha's songs.
i also need to get back upstairs and get back to work making comics.
You wanna know what my problem is? Trixie's hair. I've got the first two comics, crappy to be sure, but done and awaiting transfer to the internet computer and conversion to jpg.
But i have no banner. Because my banner plan requires the main character's headshot. And I am having a devil of a time getting her hair to look even remotely right.
And I'm annoyed at myself.
So i stall.
And stall.
And stall.
And seems there's a law & order marathon on, and you notice how crime shows tend to start with the victim, usually female, being brutally assaulted?
I need to go back upstairs. Maybe give that hair another go.
Blaugh.


ETA: just did an internet search on some talk my coworkers were saying when i worked sunday night... seems there was a shooting near my gym earlier that week.
news says: it was tues night, the victim was leaving the gym and was shot at by a skinny black male. The shooter shot, the victim ran, then the shooter ran. no one was hurt.
i know it happens cuz a coworker was there and shots were heard, and someone ran inside the store yelling "CAll 911!" and when I next worked, a number of customers talked about it, including a mid-30s black woman who was in a car with her husband when the shots were fired.
I'm wondering if this was either a blown robbery attempt aimed at the victim.. or... the shooter was running away from robbing one of the other stores in the area. My gym is located in a strip mall of sorts. There's a lot of stores there, including a Smoke Shack (cigarettes, makes it a likely target) and auto parts and like 3 discount reseller stores (dollar stores etc) , a sit down restaurant and 2 fast food places.
I think if I go back... it'll be during daylight hours only, at the times i'd expect the "businesspeople" the "normal people" to go. Meaning between 8am and 5pm on weekdays only. I've done that before and there is a surge around 1pm that ends at a bit after 3, as if peeps work out during lunch breaks. And then again briefly after 5 to about 7. There's probably a surge in the early morning too, but like i'm gonna get up that early ^_^

4 comments:

  1. I know this is a random thing to pull out of that post (my brain is functioning kind of randomly lately), but I've never understood how people can work out on their lunch breaks. Don't they sweat?! And sweating means showering, let alone drying your hair. And if you're not sweating, why are you at the gym? It's like when I worked in fast food and discovered how many people eat onions on their burgers. The general population must be more comfortable with sweaty bods and onion breath than I am 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG she likes MLP too?

    That just made her AT LEAST 20% cooler!

    You'd better post that Rohirrim theme here so I can see it too. I'm so jelly of your Epic Musical Talents!

    Love, hugs and sunshine <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I totally read your post and forgot to comment and I haven't replied to your comments either! D:

    Damn that is scary! Then again, a lot of the atacks and rapes that happen in this area of town happen near my gym. I stick to main roads and try to look scary. Then again, we don't have guns the way you guys do. Hmmm, try to go before or after the lunch-rush so you can abuse the hell out of their lovely gym showers' free hot water :D

    I've never sent a fan letter! You're awesome just for writing one. It seems her parents had their heads screwed on right. I hate the sense of entitlement kids have these days. Parents giving them too much of what they didn't have, and not enough of the things that they did have that made them decent-ish people. Growl.

    Maybe you could use a key item instead of a key character in your banner? Say a weapon or mascot animal or something? What genre is this comic, anyway? *Begs and pleads for INFOS!! like rabid fangirl*

    Thank you so much for the Soft Kitty. One day I'll record my drunk self singing it and send only you the link :p

    I promise I'm not hurting myself. Being constructive and raging on the internets instead of internalising it. Incoherent and swear-filled rages, yes. But it's still externalised XD

    I hope you're well and that mugshot came out right.

    *Huggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I know exactly which SVU episode you're talking about. :/ I find them hard to watch sometimes as well, but for some reason it's still one of my fav shows (I think that "some reason" might be Stephanie March...). Funny though, a lot of the other people I know who love that show all have similar histories with assault and whatnot. And every guy I know can't watch it--they all say it's too violent.

    Go to the gym in daylight!! And maybe bring a machete just in case. I always keep three good knives in the car, because seriously you never know when you might get robbed, or stuck in a zombie apocalypse.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete