Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

my poor car!

Sooo after my Mom borrowed my car without permission and drove it all over the fecking place... THEN it finally went to the mechanic and i got a call today saying that he's amazed the car made it to him in one piece. A belt was snapping so loose it nearly demolished the engine. A number of screws were so loose they were not functioning. He wouldn't even test drive it.
Mind you.. Mom was certain it was just a bad sensor.. I KNEW it was something worse and i refused to drive it more than 2 blocks. it if had been warm enough to walk to work, I would have.
She nearly murdererd my car!

So my baby is in the shop til sometime next week. It's a 1994 so he doesn't have some of the parts. And I'm looking at almost $600 bill. Sigh.

Also.. I totally need to hide my spare key. No borrowing my car without telling me. And if the engine light is on, no borrowing my car at all

In other news... Mich is starting to sell mugs to raise funds for her kiikii (spell check actually suggested kike there.. i thought that was a Bad Word?) and I totally want like 4 of them, the OCD one, Mornings, Technologically Challenged, and Adventures in Babysitting.

But it's gotta wait because of my car bill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri7-vnrJD3k
ADele singing Set Fire to the Rain live... damn she's good. The mark of a true singer is singing live. i know her vocal style isn't for everyone, but I do happen to like most of her work and i have a hell of a lot of respect for her pipes.
I also love how she seems to be having fun up there... she seems GRATEFUL for her fame, you know? It's nice to see that.
Nice figure too *blush*
And this song is definitely my fave of hers. I need to stop listening to it. This is not a song that inspires thought about my comic. Need to get Samantha's album on my bedroom computer. Some songs of hers put my comic in my head. Other songs put other stuff.. but yea. Music puts thoughts in my head. And somehow i got fecking writer's block wtf? Before the comic is started? I mean I got outlines for the first 3 already, just gotta get off my lazy ass and draw from my script.

I have been 99% good about no chocolate during Lent. I haven't eaten any that i bought. I have been given a few pieces, and i did eat those. Would have been rude not to, as they were basically waiting to see if i liked it (I did, muchly)
But Valentine's candy went 75% off and i stocked up. Got like 5 or 6 heart shaped boxes in my room.. and haven't touched them.
Ohhh i want to.
BADLY.

Told myself "no no.. gotta either be bleeding or post-Easter"

And i feel a little guilty just for the womanlies excuse.

Meanwhile i got a lot of hard candies that I've deemed ok, because they're not chocolate. Sweet tooth addiction? Me? nah... *hides*

that straight girl I have a crush on has a voice similar to Adele's, could probably cover her songs. She also has a similar build to Adele.. is there a connection?
Also.. both are hot ^_^
Moving on... I'd like to hear my crush try one of Adele's songs.... but the last time I tried to record her band i not only screwed it up royally (only the drumbeats really recorded) but dumbass me also had the light on for almost half the first song *facepalm*

Instrument-wise, Rolling in the Deep would probably be easier to pull off. I know she has drums and guitars and piano, well keyboard, so the only thing she'd need to dig up would be some backup singers who were female. And no I'm not volunteering for that :p
Set Fire to the Rain requires a small string orchestra.

And someone other than me should record it and throw it on youtube.

Let's end on some Ellen and Portia cuteness :)
well technically just Ellen but she talks about her wife and .. this is just cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6Ec_Wda0Y

i adore those two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eMMEARGxuk
Ellen's just a sweetheart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYA8BPzygIw
and ofc that's Ellen w Sharon Stone.. they did a bit in the If These Walls Could TAlk 2, and yea it was kinda steamy. I think I read somewhere that poor Ellen had to get a bit drunk for it.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU FOR NOT CALLING ADELE FAT! It tees me off that (1) people think they know what "fat" looks like (2) that they think they can tell by a person's appearance if they are healthy and (3) they think size matters when someone is singing. Adele can kick the pants off most skinny shake-your-booty-while-lip-synching "singers."

    I requested a Coffee of Mordor mug :D I'd really like to buy one or two more (def a Bird Nerd) but I need a job first! I'm at the end of my money and have my own potential bills coming :X

    I admire your fortitude. Most of my Valentine's clearance chocolate has already gone down the hatch. And the other half is getting given away because I discovered I don't really like raspberry filling...

    ReplyDelete