Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

work=stress=sucks, but i'm a computer moron. Feck!

WTF am I doing up at 3am when i work a full shift later today? Oh right... my dumb self went right back to sleep after my alarm went off.

Seriously thinking about getting that bed-shaker alarm from Thinkgeek.

I'm having issues ordering from walmart.com and I'm annoyed. They're my protein powder source and i'm dangerously low and it's soooo much cheaper online so wtf???

I converted my 2nd comic on the downstairs comp.. which decided to autoupdate Artweaver first... annoyance. I just use it to convert bmp to jpg geez! Maybe someday i'll try to draw with it for realz. Because on both my old ancient computers the lag is awful on Artweaver.
I kinda want to buy a laptop... Mom's laptop is actually a teeny bit more advanced than this internet desktop I'm on right now. But I don't wanna blame the computer... it's over 10 years old and it still works fairly well.
I just like the idea of a laptop... a computer that i can work on while in my bed.. my penpad at my side. Then convert BEFORE turning on the wireless card (no more auto updates dangnabit!) and post on my site.

I'm trying to figure out Adsense again.... like.. um... where do i get the ad code i paste on my site?
I'm also concerned about their prohibited content.. what do they mean by "adult"? I mean i refuse to draw nudity. i refuse to draw sex scenes. But I like innuendo! And i like jokes!

Ok.. second comic on site.. weird how my lil copyright info blurb got blurred.... did I use a different font size and didn't notice?

yea... this pic is clearly gonna be my favorite for the next few months. I'm a computer moron!!!
I' m still seeing just white instead of skin tones. But i finally thought to check stuff on my phone's browser (my site is so simple it loads in seconds) and i did see the skin tones there. yay!

ok.... how the hell do i get adsense and project wonderful and the paypal linked donation jar up? The tip jar pic is up.. looks kinda weird but I'm... 80 percent happy w it....
Eeeesh.... wtf am I doing? Ok I want them to go down the sides for one.... so i guess i choose vertical.
Ok... Project Wonderful wants at least 30 pages before they consider me.
I should probably wait a bit on the Adsense too?
Still don't have an images folder... and don't even ask about php. I'm still doing it the hard way... copy the old index page to a new name, add the links, the alter the index page to display the update and link to the most recent old one. yeeeahh......
Ugh... I need to stop worrying about the damn code and just DRAW! Get out my notebook and go sit in the woods and get the scramblings in my head sorted a bit on paper. When the sun goes down I can be calmly at my bedroom computer (since i now know i really can convert in bedroom and it will display just fine) and just draw.
Doing a full comic in Paint takes me several hours, and staring that closely at the backlit screen does give me a headache. But the faster i get these pics made, the faster i can get adsense and project wonderful up and running.... and I may need them.

You see.. work is being "restructured".
AGAIN.
I saw on the manager's desk an actual damn checklist for how we're supposed to talk to customers for feck's sake (hi Mich!)
so now IN ADDITION to the damn sugg sell requirement, i can also get written up for not using the proper phrases.
Seriously!!!
Also..I need to hide my scale. Sadness.

Stress sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Stress does suck. I hope you get some relief!

    You're definitely not a computer moron. I wouldn't even know where to begin doing most of the stuff you talk about. ;)

    ReplyDelete