Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

*droool..* WANT!!!

I need to stop reading the forums.longhaircommunity.com place and go do something productive!!! Soooo many interesting posts and threads to read! Even though I'm a super fine hair and many of those toys won't work for me (I can only use the lightest plastic hairsticks... and even then they could fall out easy...) but I took like 3 pages of microprinted notes after reading the ENTIRE fine/thin hair thread ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115 ).. peeps there like these things called Ficcares. Seems Ficcares come in sizes that really do work for most all hair types out there... including mine?
Downside... Ficcares are PRICEY!!!

Take a peek: http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=81

OMG so gorgeous tho... waaaa! Want want want! Save $$ and get one? Means getting lots less junk food.. since i am a serious sugar addict and simple getting healthy isn't enough motivation. Seeing my gross shape in a mirror kinda helps.. but i just ate half the pizza Mom brought home so clearly seeing my grossness doesn't motivate me for more than a few hours. So maybe money could motivate? I want a Ficcare!!!

Meanwhile maybe I'll practice at this: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=98561

Hair taping! i have some lovely green ribbon that I bought years ago when a local fabric store was closing shop. I knew about hair taping when i bought it but haven't figured out quite how to do it. My hair keeps slipping out! But that thread has some youtube links and while my hair is very thin.. maybe I also wasn't using enough ribbon. I'd measure my ribbon by simply doubling the circumference of my head... nowhere near as much as i would have had doing triple the length of my arm as video lady does. vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbAdvL8kME
Here's another youtube video from another thread that's I've lost track of.. i thought i got it from the thread i mentioned.. oh well.. the girl in this vid has hair that looks more like mine. vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01wsIn-6zA
We all know how I love an accent! Anyway.... Her hair is still thicker than mine, but closer to my hair than the other nice vid lady.

Also... ZOMG!!! Parandi!!! Paranda? i dunno.. here! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91490

I soooo think Peri could pull that off! And we know she has yarn! I think in her most recent video she said something about having some leftover gorgeous fairy shawl yarn that she wasn't sure what to do with? Dunno i need new speakers. Anyway.. her dark hair plus that dreamy sunrise/sunset yarn in a parandi= even more gorgeous Peri than she already is! Idea? Maybe? Also i want a pic of Peri's hair.

Yeesh... yanno stalking Samantha takes up less time than i've spent on these forums! And is cheaper too! I'd love to meet Samantha Ronson... but I also don't see how that's possible. Samantha cannot be bought. But these hairtoys can! AAAAAHHHHH!!! Crap!!
Here's another something pretty.. it requires leaving hair down (ack risking damage and tangles and damage!) but it is soooo pretty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VL70QDrHc and again with the slight accent heeee. I think that style requires thicker hair than mine tho... she also has a bunch of Lord of the Rings inspired hairstyle videos.. for the elves even! Check out her Arwen braid... from the deleted Arwen at Helm's Deep scene. I remember watching the Special Features with mom where Peter jackson was talking about how he'd realized way too late that putting Arwen in Helm's Deep was just wrong wrong wrong. he was ok with putting the elves there, but putting Arwen there just wasn't working. Ofc Liv Tyler had been in costume and on set and everything before she was written out so there's where the braid came from.. and it is COMPLKICATED! WTF do those elves just spend their days braiding each other's hair or what? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNiQgOonU0s

Hmm... there's talk of Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa shampoo and conditioners as being very good for low prices.. where do i find a Trader Joe's? Moving on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJj_O7pDgYw i seriously need to crochet! Dunno what i think about front braids that long with a shorter ponytail in back.. but that cap is so cute to me.

Oh look... I managed to stay up[ damn near all night again.. dumbass me!

2 comments:

  1. WHY DID I LOOK AT THE PRICE, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? You are an evi, evil woman Honor!

    Omg I've always wanted to know what that was called. Hair taping. . . so trying it for on my stilts!

    I looked up Parandi, and I don't think the leftover yarn wouldn't be of high enough quality to make any >.< The colours are great but the yarn was of inferior quality. It's very thickthin with lots of bits sticking out and overspun sections and still quite sheepy. For Parandi I'd use silk for sure, some nice softshiny synthetic fibres or maybepossibly bamboo if they sorted out how environmentally assraping the production process is. (Lovely fibre, lovely plant, shitty processing) I might give it a try though!

    Gorgeous? Who the hell are you talking about?

    Did you see my hair when it was blue? It's a LOT longer now. I need to dye it, I'm getting gingers and silvers in there now! Grey hairs at 25, is that normal? At least they're the NICE kind of greys and not the shitty ones. I'll try to get a pic for you tomorrow :p

    I have to admit that I'm sometimes very naughty and don't tie my hair up before riding. . . soooo much wind damage! I need the splits taken off again >.<

    I'm going to borrow Miles' camera and video Dralion being adorkable for you guys. Stupic built-in webcam isn't good for kittyfilming!

    Ok, time to google Parandi-making. Take care, ok? Love you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete