Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I'm in 3rd shift this week as I'm part of the group redoing the makeup wall. The store dumbass is another part, & fatass& awesome manager. I had no idea how much my mood depended on being out in the sun. Even tho I generally sleep til noon I would always get some daylight. This getting up after dark thing sucks. I get off just before dawn so my brain sees the sunrise & it's like a war between instinct & exhaustion. I have had a headache all "day". Got a headache now. Gonna have to take a motrin before tonight's shift. I think when this is over I'm gonna start getting up just a bit before noon. Get a few more daylight hours. Tho if I didn't work at that place I could probably train myself to rise & sleep with the sun. I did it regularly during camping.
Working thru the night seems to mean less eating. Hah. I guess I did do most my binging at night, probably because the instinctive part of my brain was all "why aren't we sleeping? If we can't sleep then we should eat for energy." Thus. Far today I had a bumblebee tuna salad lunch kit. And ofc I held the tuna salad can so my cat could lick it out. I lovve these lunch kit things. I can eat in bed cuz they're shelf stable until they're opened. And my cat loves cleaning out the can afterwards.
I need to get more lunch kits. Think I'll make up a protein powder shake & let it sit overnight then I can have that for "dinfast" before I try to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Night shifts suuuuuuuuuuck! Definitely try to get some sunlight earlier in your day, it'll help you with the sleep cycle balancing.

    Sending you tons of love and hugs <3

    ReplyDelete