Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

catching my breath!

Retail sucks hairy sweaty balls. Blech! I worked Christmas Eve and work was open normal weeknight hours. Even Walmart closed earlier! I went to Christmas Eve service in my work clothes! And I had to go to the "church" that ruled to exclude me because it was too late to drive out to mine. I also worked dec 26 when everyone started picking thru the xmas clearance. But I did have Christmas Day off. I surprised my younger siblings by showing up to daddie dearest's for dinner. They gave me money and I think tomorrow I can finally get my ass to the bank. Then to aunt's for dessert. I had presents there! A book by the lady who wrote The Other Boleyn Girl and a body spray and lotion annd some pretty hair accessories. Then Mom & me went to see the house daddie dearest is letting Bro & his gf live in. They'd just moved in like 2 days before. Yup my Bro is living with his girlfriend. Something he has never done before! He's cohabitaing! This is huge! Here's hoping those two tie the knot! Bro sort of inherited some Star Trek toys that one of gf's relatives was trying to get rid of so Bro passed those down to us. So now we have TNG figures & a barbie-sized Picard doll and light up ornaments of. The TNG Enterprise & Voyager (my fave) & a Romulan & a Klingon ship. And a Tribble that needs a new battery. I'm so stealing that ^_^
Mom got a Mr Coffee version of those k cup machines from aunt & Bro got the k cup refills. Mom's thrilled. Bro & gf also got me a pair of soft spa socks, a full body wash/lotion/spray set that smells sooo good and my fave..a soft pj pants that say "I <3 my bed" soooooo cute!
I got Mom a foot massager by the same peeps who made her neck rub pillow.... Homedics. Ofc we share it. I don't remember what she got me. It was a combo birthday/christmas & i'd gotten it awhile back. But she pays my room & board & car insurance etc so it's cool.
This is a good haul for me. Most years we're like the Cratchits, too poor to get any presents. So this year was really cool.
I spent most of today & yesterday being lazy, playing Sims & sleeping. I worked both new year's eve & new year's day, which sucked. Gonna try to finally get my ass to Kroger tomorrow for the first time in like 2 weeks or something. Then it's back to work & hopefully back to a regular, predictable schedule. Tho the holiday manager did clean out under the makeup counter so we all got some more freebies. I have no clue how long some of those items were gathering dust under there, but who can argue with free?
Side note: work's "private label" brand of leave-in conditioner/detangler spray doesn't work for me. It smells nice enough but it doesn't detangle and actually makes my hair feel like straw. I'll stick with coconut oil & Bumble&bumble Tonic.
Some other time I'll talk resolutions and the holiday food baby. Right now my hand is cramping. I did pick up the Women's Health $10 fitness trainer guide which has some fluff but also has some exercises with pictures in the directions. Some require equipment I don't have, but my gym does. And some exercises just require floorspace. So yay.

2 comments:

  1. The only leave-in I use is Aussie, it makes my hair nice and slippery so no tangles, and a little on the scalp leaves my skin happy too (not too much or you'll end up greasy). It smells kind of coconutty. I don't think I could do oil, I don't have enough hair for that. You're a curly girl, right? Have you heard of tightlycurly.com? They have all kinds of product info & reviews, and advise to leave regular conditioner (only without certain bad ingredients) in your ends. Interesting stuff.

    If you're looking for something of that particular house brand that IS good, try the sesame sticks, yum... Bad me, I'm still carrying my holiday food baby and it's trying to convince me to have twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hell have I missed you!

    Wait, they ruled to exclude you? WHY? That's so fucking rude. I hope your new church has some decent folk in it. I have nothing against religion until people start using it as an excuse to hurt people and deny human rights and
    be general douchenukes.

    OMFG I DEMAND PICS OF THOSE STAR TREK ORNAMENTS! And yes, while I grew up with Picard's Enterprise, Voyager will always be my Star Trek home.

    Fuck I can't wait to get back to normal hours either! I want to go back to the gym :( Training at home too, but it's fucking hard when the building is wobbly wood that shakes and squeaks.

    Ooooh yay goodies! I should send you a carepackage or something.

    Yay for being lazy. Can I come be lazy too? PLEASE? 0.0

    bodyrock.tv you can hate me for it later ^.-

    LUFFLES YOU HONOR!!!1! *Glomps*

    ReplyDelete