Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

cheap ass scale!

Am really pissed at my scale right now. If I stand according to the diagram, I'm 188 but if I just movve my heels together without changing anything else I'm suddenly 191. Grrr! That's a huge difference! And unless mass can spontaneously appear out of nowhere it seems logical that the heavier weight is the more accurate. Just how the hell do these electric scales work?
Got an idea....I'm gonna put a gallon of water on the scale and slide it around.
..... as soon as this blasted cat stops climbing all over the scale. He seems 13.2 lbs. And now he's 13 exact. But the water gallon gets 8.6 no matter where I put it. I guess the heavier objects just confuse the scale more? I think I should keep my heels together. Or do both ways and record the range. As long as the overall range goes down....
Ugh I miss the big old fashioned slider scale daddie dearest had when I was a kid.
Gonna meet the fam at a zumba class later. Having diabetes in the genes has freaked Mom & Bro out so we & Bro's gf are all trying out zumba later. So I need to go find my gym stuff. Later.

4 comments:

  1. Scales are the worst. My scale (it's aging) now reads differently if you use it cold or if you use it after a shower when it's all steamy.

    I think the most important thing is consistency. If you stand the same way every time you check, you may not know if you are EXACTLY 188 or 191, but you will know that going from 188 to 186 to 184 is real weight loss. Or you can stand a bunch of ways an average them but that seems like more work :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight distribution can affect how your scale reads you.

    OMFG Zumba is so much fun! I'm jealous. I can't dance to save myself without something in my hands. If you feel self-conscious, imagine me wolf-whistling from the sidelines :p

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the best scale ever it measures body fat percentage and weighs the same anywhere in the world the only way my scale can be off is if i weigh myself in Mars due to the change of the force of gravity considering that all the scale reads is the cancelled out readings between the force of the world and you so yes im 160.4lbs or 714 Newtons (this is only applicable on Earth)
    mass is confusing it can appear from drinking water i mean its not your mass being bounced back but the mass of the water but it still fucks with your brain, man
    your scale stories excite me
    that's not an electron joke well it can be if you want it to be :3
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exactly why I don't trust electric scales. I don't trust the accuracy of anything that needs batteries to think.

    Hope you're enjoying zumba!

    xo

    ReplyDelete