Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

"the fat tax"

This sucks! Ssomehow I caught a cold! Coughing sucks and I've joined the ranks of the mouth-breathers. This makes working out harder. Why did I get sick? This sucks! I only hhave 4 pill days left & I'm still fat! The workouts are getting a bit easier to recover from tho, so I'm hoping that is a good sign. They're still hard to do but I no longer feel dead to the world for hours afterwards. Yay?
I noticed on Sephora.com the whole Charlotte Ronson line was on sale. Nooooooooooo! That tends to mean clearance! Sephora doesn't do weekly sales like the drugstores do. Sale means trying to get rid of it! Noooooo! So I dropped over $100 getting the Ronson things I knew I liked. Closer powder, lots of lip glosses, and the eyeliner set and selftanner and I even got the kit that had another Closer, and the cream bronzer (love!) And fragrance rollerball and that hairspray that smells odd on me but gives me great texture. I need to write her a letter. Mmostly begging to keep her makeup line even if she doesn't add to it. I really love the lipglosses and the Closer powder. The powder does a great job of hiding my small forehead wrinklies and the gloss is soft and moisturizing and TASTY it tastes like mint. A mild mint. I guess lemon mint is a mild mint? Or am I not sensitive enough to detect the lemon? Anyway they are tasty and yes my fave shade is the one named Samantha but that's not (just) because I have a slight obsession. Her shade is this gorgeous pale pink shimmer that makes my skin all glowy. It's just a perfect match for my pale complexion. So when I saw the whole line get marked down I bought 5 glosses and I don't care that they were $10 each I love that color! And I might well buy more. I don't want them to go bad before I can use thhem tho so maybe I won't buy more. But waaaaa I'm unhappy!

Moving on.... the "fat tax" has a few meanings to me. Paying for a gym membership and then not going = fat tax. Bro's gf has that as her fave definition. She goes less often than I do. She does want to go, but her job is a major timesuck. Another definition is when I pay $2.50 for 900cals of cheetos in the form of a 6pack of singleserve bags. If I had willpower I could spend that same 2.50 on 1500+ cals of cheetos in a big bag. But because I have to empty every bag I open, I must stick to the singleserving bags. Paying more because I have no willpower= fat tax.

There's another way too....bottom line is obesity has a price tag. Fat people, esp the morbidly obese, have more health problems. And when they can't pay for the health care, the hospital has to pick up the tab. Which means the gov has to have programs to help hospitals who can show financial loss because people couldn't pay. And where does gov money come from? Yep, taxes. So taxpayers all pay a fat tax that way. And food stamps are another taxpayer-funded gov program. Food stamps can be vital, I've been there. But if food stamps are only used to buy junk, and then the fattie gets the predictable health issues, then taxpayers get shafted twice over. 1st for the food stamps which the fat person wasted on junk, then again for the health care that was the result of fattie's decisions.
Talk about a fat tax!
I'd be curious to see a study about how many fat people are on food stamps vs how many are self-supporting. Don't people who work need at least some healthy food in order to do their jobs?
Also....there is a huge difference between being big-boned and being fat. There is also a difference between being curvy and being fat. I hate how fatties are demanding to be called curvy or big-boned because they don't want to face the truth. When you are wider than you are tall, you are not curvy, you are fat. When your upper arm puffs down over your elbow, you are not big-boned, you are fat.

Sorry for the rant. Fatass at work is a huge donut and she's always whining about her problems and weight and then she eats junk. And she bought it with food stamps.

I got to try coke zero yesterday. I liked it.

3 comments:

  1. you get sick because your immune system is an asshole bb
    yes yay
    omg working out
    i need to do that but i can't. annoying asshole of a skin disorder.
    also, my depression cycle makes masturbating a chore so no.
    is that Sam's sister
    paying more because i have no will power = fat tax.
    omg noooooooo
    i am ungrateful because if i want to eat something or buy food then someone will buy it for me. my Father was pissed at me because i buy single serve meals that are like $10-13 per meal.
    so i stopped doing that
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops i forgot there was more to this post so i'll write it.
    go im not in a nice headspace today
    it depends. im in a depression cycle right now and all i seem to eat is junk food (it's horrid) but at the same time, like i have small bags of things and do not eat like one big bag of crisps every time i decide to eat. it's more of 2 mini ones (128 x 2) and one bar of chocolate (170-300).
    yes omg
    i am big-boned. as in my bone density is bigger than average and i have a huge fucking frame meaning that my BMI is 10% less than it actually is. omg.
    'when you are wider than you are tall'. dammit. i'm 63 inches of height. i am 29 inches of waist (28.25" actually but i feel fatter so im using 29).
    i am curvy and big-boned and yes, i am also fat. (fuck curves. i hate them all on me.)
    omg coke zero <3
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! *huggles*

    If the recovery-stage of the workout is getting shorter, it means you're getting fitter. It takes at least 6 weeks to see changed from a new regime (And you should change up your exercises every 6-8 weeks to prevent boredom and going on cruise-control and not pushing yourself more) so KEEP GOING. DON'T GIVE UP.

    Oh damn I hope she keeps the line and it's just Sephora clearing out old stock/discontinuing THEIR carrying of the line. Yikes!

    For me a fat tax would the pain I pay for letting my back muscles weaken so I can't hold my boobs up. (I used to go through a LOT of paracetamol and ibuprophen just to make it through the day. And I can tolerate a LOT of pain!)

    Your foodstamps and weight study idea intregues me. It is true that people on lower incomes and in lower socio-ecomonic places tend to be fatter because decent food is just so fucking expensive.

    This doco series I LOVE. I wish they'd do a Kiwi version. Omfg those women who had to lobby for THITRY YEARS to get a supermarket in their neighbourhood breaks my fucking heart.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEkCbqN4uo

    What drives me up the wall is that it is SO MUCH CHEAPER to to feed yourself with junk. Shitty food that is incredibly energy-dense with little to no nutritional value is cheaper than stuff which has SOME food value! I love my junk food, but living on it will kill you fast.

    I have a friend who is naturally big-boned, that girl has a skeleton of fucking steel rebar! Having her self-esteem brought down because of people who are actually fat and are in denial is why she yo-yo diets and adds more fat to her bigger bones.

    Lol, we share similar rampages :p I go insane at "Organic" food nutters too. The naturalistic fallacy and argument from antiquity are the two fallacies that instantly have me mouth-foaming enraged.

    I heart coke zero. Vanilla coke zero is my major addiction.

    Love love love you <3

    ReplyDelete