Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

awwww...i go cry now

Squeeeeee! I got a present from Mich in the mail today! She gave me a copy of what was once called "the fairy book" and now has its official title: A Tale of Fairies. Yay! Two boons down...how many left? I know at least 2. I read the beta of book 3 (loved it!) And Mich has mentioned fighting with book 4 on her blog. And oh I read the dedication & acknowledgemennts and nearly cried. I managed to not cry until I was (am) up alone in my room. Oh wow... whenever I hear those old childhood demons whispering that I'm worthless I'm gonna clutch this book as tangible proof that little me made a difference in someone's life. A big and positive difference.
Thank you soooooo much, Mich. I love you too :* (that's internet kiss where I live. I just found out some people use an asterisk to represent tears... tho I guess that could apply too. Happy tears tho!)

I still remember my first reading of Underwood... squinting at the tiny print on my phone's tiny screen. Having to plug my phone in because the battery was dying & I wasn't done yet you stupid battery and ignoring the growing headache behind my eyes. I wasn't even tired as I read. The story kept me awake. Ofc once I was done I think I crashed ^_^
I'm so glad to have the paper version. Much easier. I should do a Sheldon and wear gloves while reading tho. When I close the book I can see where my hands left traces of dirt or something on the edges.
and I need a 2nd bedside table. My current bedside table is cluttered with various skincare & hair & nail stuff and my lamp. I long kept Underwood near my pillow and now the poor book is a bit battered. I love reading in bed. I need a bedside book table. Cuz clearly I can't fit everything on one little table. I do my nails in bed, comb my hair, apply lotion... I love my bed way too much :/

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I wish I could afford to buy things off the internet right now. ARGH why is it when I finally have a bit extra I'm moving house and need it for house-moving expenses?!?

    Books should show that they're well-loved and well-read :p

    Love you Honor <3

    ReplyDelete