Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

oh wow...

So reading Peri's post on the Slave Leo.. which i loved and then following links from him and wow I am soooo glad to see some feminist guys! They are calling out ridiculous poses and costumes in fantasy art, and i mean stuff that is sold. They're not talking fanart. They're talking comic books and book covers and action figures and miniatures etc.
And then I found 007b.com... specifically this: http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php
On that page right now the top left girl could seriously be me. She also has scoliosis, also has what some call tiny boobs, and also has a left boob much larger than the right.
Not gonna lie... I cried. Sobbed, more like it.
I have NEVER seen a girl who looks like me anywhere.
Took a picture of it with my phone.
Bopping around the rest of the site.. no idea if these guys are gay-friendly or not. I did remember reading that La Leche League was not pro-gay and they had a machine thingy that would run formula down a tube that could be put above a woman's nipple so that women would could not breastfeed for medical reasons (like being on chemo or something, poor dears!) could still experience some of the closeness that comes from breastfeeding. And that the League refused to help lesbian couples get such a machine, which was an expensive machine i guess.
I read this years ago, like 2003 or so when I was first coming to grips with my orientation. i was wondering how i could still have kids and found a forum with a bunch of lesbian couples with kids and they were talking about their experiences. In most of these couples one woman had born the child/ren, others alternated, still others adopted. Apparently in some couples the non-lactating female had tried nursing and the babies responded well. One quote i particularly remember is "babies can tell the difference between breasts that give milk and breasts that don't. The closeness and security will be the same."
And it was there that some couples talked about this discrimination they'd experienced from the League.
And ever since then i sometimes wonder how I'd be treated if I put a baby on my decidedly not-lactating breast and someone found out. I don't think babies get sexual feelings... they're kinda missing the hormones. Mom told me that she cried when us kids weaned ourselves (she was stay-at-home until we both were at least 6) and I kinda wonder what that would be like. Even though I don't want to give birth. I'm perfectly ok with Baby using me as her fave pacifier ^_^
Does that make me a freak?

2 comments:

  1. Forget babies being capable of sexual feelings, think of the American oversexualization of breasts. AKA mammary glands, AKA what every mammal on the planet throughout history has used to nourish their young. It's about bonding and nourishment and has nothing whatsoever to do with sex. I just found a documentary called "Busting Out" (lol) on Netflix on this topic (haven't watched it, it's in my queue). I forget how I found 007b but it is amazeballs. I have always wished I had higher/rounder breasts. I still do, but at least I can remind myself that I have perfectly normal boobies :)

    So in light of the babies = nonsexual and breasts = nonsexual concepts, I think soothing a baby by letting them dry nurse is a totally not-weird thing. I wouldn't do it in public though, people have a hard enough time with breastfeeding...

    Oh, also, for at least one male feminist (and interesting info on rape culture) you can check out yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of Feminist Males amongst skeptics, unfortunately liek the rest of the population they are still outnumbered by complete fuckwads. We will win, eventually. With nice blokes like PZ Meyers and Slave Leo there. Man do I want Miles in a version of that! Black and silver and red velvet, my obedient little slave earning his reward *Fans self*

    I love the boob Gallery. Omg, my left boob is bigger than my right by a cup size, too! Everyone is naturally a little uneven, but not usually to our extent. Aww if you're like that girl you have nice cute boobs, I've got annoying big saggy ones. I LIVE in sports bras! *Sigh* Anything nice costs about a hundred or so. No fun!

    Omg I bet those La Leche people are the same ones who have made it almost illegal to mention formula-feeding in prenatal/antenatal here. They make women who can't produce enough to keep up with spawn/can't produce at all ever feel so horrible and guilty and bad I want to smack them. NOBODY has the right to tell you what to do with your body unless you're using it to deliberately cause harm to others. Telling you to stop punching someone: OK. Telling you how to give birth/breastfeed: NOT OK. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    I see nothing wrong with same-sex couples being allowed to raise spawns. Why should they be exempt from nappy changes, sleep deprivation and being puked on? :p How they go about birthing or adopting is their decision.

    You're not a freak, it's a normal maternal instinct. There are some cultures where a Dad will give the kid his nipple to make it STFU.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/jun/15/childrensservices.familyandrelationships
    From what I've heard, if you're female and able give it 2 weeks and HonorSpawn would have you lactating regardless of whether or not you birth them :p

    Love you Honor, thank you for being awesome *hugs*

    ReplyDelete