Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

ugh

Just a quick note to show I'm still here. Haven't been feelingwell. I had a week of like-womanlies and then the womanlies. Finally officially started today. Add in me getting whatever has been travelling around work and I have had a shitty couple weeks.. been reading on my phone. It's feb tho so I need to get off my ass long enough to renew my claims to my webcomic's site name. Must must do that. My webspace is good for another 2 years but tying a name to the server space is something that has to be renewed yearly.
Anyway so I've been reading and wanna pass on this story. I hope I converted the address to non-mobile version correctly.
http://www.dlisted.com/2013/01/31/open-post-hosted-0-tip-pastor-bell
Bad tippers are often wrong in general. Service must be truly terrible to deserve no tip. But this bitch Bell used God as an excuse to treat a lowly worker poorly and that is just wrong. It's been a long time since I cracked open my bible but I'm very sure Jesus would not be ok with stiffing a servant. I remember reading something about Jesus saying "whatsoever you do unto the least of these, you do also unto Me" and Jesus washing the disciples' feet at the Last Supper and saying that they should also wash each others' feet. In short I think Jesus would want this Bell bitch to humble herself before oothers, as Jesus humbled Himself even to death on the Cross. She's not being asked to die. Selfish bitch is only being asked to show kindness to a lowly servant and tip the servant.
I also remember reading something in the letters, probably one that Paul wrote but don't quote me, about the procedure for correcting a believer who wasn't behaving right. First there's the private rebuke from a friend, then if that doesn't work a public rebuke tho I don't remember if it's the whole community or just the leaders. If that didn't work the the person was shunned by the community until he repented. Which iis where Amish got the Shunning idea. Now I do think it can be taken too far. Some peeps will shun over stupid shit like hair and clothes. But can anyone defend what this bitch did? Can there be a solid argument in favor of what Bell did? Yea you can argue the waitress violated privacy. And I can argue that as Bell claims to be Christian, Bell is placing herself in a community that has a religious duty to call out mean-spirited behavior. If that bitch is going to place the religion card, then I say play the religion card right back at her. Bitch has no right to call herself a Pastor and I hope her "church" folds.


Moving on, I've been trying for days to get my thoughts together enough to leave a comment on Mich's blog. My brain doesn't wanna cooperate. I think Mich is on to something. Back in Stone Age days or whatever, when you brought home food for dinner that was an immediate accomplishment. Whether it was plants or a successful hunt, you made it possible for your family/clan to live a bit longer. Even tho you knew you'd have to go out and do it again, there was still gratitude for the food that night. So you knew you accomplished something important. Did we lose that immediate sense of accomplishment? How often to we get a sense of "I did it" now? Probably not daily. I mean, who here gets a real satisfying feeling of accomplishment at their job? I sure don't. I feel underappreciated there and like I'm really just a 1 trick pony being made to run the same route over and over because I'm really just a cog in the machine. A replacable cog at that. It's retail. I'm a wageslave who is there to take abuse from bitchy customers and smile. Ugh.
I need to go hunt down my Motrin. I feel like shit & I get to work tonight & for the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. *Huggles* I HATE womanlies! 8makes you a hot water bottle and a cup of tea*

    That story fucked me off so much. When the server posted the picture she made sure the person who wrote it was unidentifiable, but the person who wrote it recognised it after it went viral and rang the store trying to get it's entire staff fired, manager on down. So not fucking cool. Yes the Biblical god was a jealous fuckwad, but his son seemed pretty cool and would NOT condone that sort of behaviour. That bitch needs a slapping.

    I definitely don't get a sense of accomplishment at this job. I get it from making things, crafting and knitting and cleaning really dirty things. I get it from improving my strength and fitness at the gym, challenging myself with learning new things or thinking about why a certain philosophical question bugs me/doesn't bug me. Being able to say "I did that" and "I can do that".

    I do get to feel smug at work because I judge people on how they treat those lower than them, and I do NOT treat service staff like shit. It's also not wise to fuck with the people who handle your food. Oh, you were rude and wanted 1.5lb of shredded chicken? Guess who is getting 1.5lb of tiny shards of low-quality meat instead of the big chunks of breast? :3

    No matter how shit work was, I can always look at my knitting needles and see I've accomplished something REAL that day.

    Overdue comment replies:
    I considered Jaq a close friend once, she has lost a lot of my trust. She is making an effort to hang out more, which is nice but I'm still waiting for her to turn around and blow me off again. It will be interesting to see how things go with her mood stabilised. I'm going to experimentally ask for some support in return for the support I've been giving her and see what happens. (I'm not expecting much, so I can't be too dissappointed!

    Thank you for reminding me of the facts re: mental illness=brain misfire. Poor Sheldon's brain would explode when faced with the wilful ignorance of those 'pray away the gay' twatssticks! I'm slowly overcoming the irrationality of not using the knowledge of it being a brain misfire when applying it to myself.

    OMG did you look up Lady Loki? I wanna cosplay her or Tomoe Mami from Madoka. (You'd LOVE that one!)

    Lol I thought you might like the top ^.^ I've got a pink one that is similar.

    It would be interesting to see the house dynamic of two ED people. If both were purgers you would definitely need separate bathrooms, or buckets and an outside drain. Fuck, imagine the damage two bulimics could do to the plumbing in less than a year D:

    Ink was easy to move with, he hid under the blankets at Albany Street for the 6 weeks we were there. I'd come home to a kitty lump in the bed. I miss him so much! Dralion is either going to a cattery for a day or so or is going to be 'Bathroomed' for the move. I've gotten extremely efficient at moving house.

    You want me? *Dodgy eyebrow wiggle* XD You definitely deserve to get the things you want. Too many of us deny ourselves nice things or things we want because we don't think we deserve them.

    YAY SOFT KITTY! *tacklehugs* Thank you so much. You have to record yourself singing that one day.

    Sorry about the super-long comment of doom 0.0; I'm trying to make up for being such a slack bitch and bad blogfriend.

    Luffles you to bits and pieces, Honor. Take care of yourself and have good dreams <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugghhhhhhhh these people who call themselves Christians and then go and do things like that make me CRAZY. >:O Makes me want to beat them over the head with a bible. And my bible weighs like 10 pounds... xD

    Sorry you're feeling crappy. :(

    I have something that might make you feel better... Is your address still the same? For a special delivery from the fairies......

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete