Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gonna edit before bed (or do new post) but initial impressions are....
Charlotte Ronson A Perfect Mess hair styling spray: I'm like 70% in love with this.... it does give my hair a glorious messy beach windblown effect with volume and yet also adds shine. I have never found a spray before that actually made my babyfine hair look thicker. I really want to love this...
But...
The SMELL is just... it's like Coppertone meet violents & aspercreme!!
Well I'll see how it smells & looks a good 6 or 7 hours from now. See if the volume stays.. if the smell fades. Cuz ugh that smell....

Also taking the Urban Decay setting spray out for a spin. I brushed on a marykay foundation sample I had lying around so the UD spray had something to set ^_^
Did not put usual oil mattifier on as the marykay foundation is made for oily skin and supposedly shouldn't need one. We'll see.... we'll also see if the UD spray helps oil. But I won't blame the spray if my forehead goes greasebucket. I'm sure there's a reason Urban Decay has oily skin sprays separate. Might get annoyed at the foundation tho. It says matte-wear foundation.

UD spray doesn't have much a smell to it. The spray gives a fine mist most of the time but it can spray a limp drippy stream on occasion so spray once or twice into the sink to make sure the sprayer is likely to behave. Also..I did not put mascara on and my "eyeshadow" is Charlotte's summer kiss liquid bronzer from my sample. Blush is an old revlon, and possibly a bit too pink.
Also... the spray gives a slight dewey sheen once it dries. Some like this, I prefer matte, so I followed the spray with a very light brushing of Charlotte's Closer powder. The marykay foundation might be a bit too light but other than that I'm happy with how I look right now.
We'll see how it all holds up!

I am 100% happy with Ronson's Samantha gloss tho. I can actually taste the mint and it is moisturizing and thus far my hair has yet to stick to my lips (big yay) and the Samantha color is practically perfect (oh hai Mary Poppins) on me. Pinky and sheer and very natural, like a neutral almost. Like my real lips punched up a bit.
Omw to daddie dearest's for stepmom's surprise bday party. I may hold a quiet grudge against daddie dearest but the half-sibs are innocent and besides.... that half of the family could be a useful connection for me.... I just have to play nice. *gag* I can do this.

And yea...I know the wrist is different from the lips but on me the wrist is a good indicator of how something will last on my mouth. And inside my upper arm is good for reaction tests. If it itches there it will definitely turn my face red. I promise there's a method to my madness ^_^

...............................
Ok now 10:30 at night... only 5 hours after application....
Hair spray...the smell did eventually fade. Finally! The visual lift stayed put. But my hair did get brushed out so the beachy curl was gone but the lift and texture "grip" stayed. Hair looked airy, if that makes sense. It was also really windblown by the crazy weather here. Pretty shine.
Still on fence about buying it.... but it does let me wear my hair down, which is nice. Somehow I have very few tangles too. Hair is a bit frizzy but it looks deliberatly frizzy.. if that makes sense.
Still not fond of the smell.

UD setting spray.... all makeup except for gloss is still there. But oil is definetly pushing through. That's not the spray's fault. I'm kinda impressed the makeup hasn't slid down the oil already. Nice job, Urban Decay.
I can scratch a bit of foundation off in the really oily parts. And no makeup on my nosepieces either. Usually I get foundation all over my glasses in the nosepads. This time there is some oil but no foundation. There are some bare skin spots where I kept scratching my nose.
I'm thinking this foundation is not for me. The blush did fade a bit but still there.
Oh well I own the spray anyway....will be trying it w my creme-to-powder later. And maybe I should not put powder over it? And def put mattifier under it?
Eehhh.... I am happy with the spray. It did make the liquid foundation last longer...usually liquid is melting & sliding off or pilling on just 2 or 3 hours... it's why I use creme foundation or just don't bother. Oh...and I didn't shake it well beforehand oooops I missed that part. So I will definitely continue my experiments cuz I didn't even give the spray a chance to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment