Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Maybelline lipstain......doesn't stain much.
A lady returned maybelline lipstain in plum flushed cuz she didn't like it.
So since it was gonna get tossed anyway, I put a small swipt on my wrist by thumb.
It vanished under a bit of water. I just rinsedthe spot to test it.
Second tril I drew a small bunch of grapes on side of my wrist, going over the spot a few times, layering the stain. 10 mins later I just rubbed the spot. About half of it vanished just from rubbing. Put under running water & gently rubbed with paper towl... and it's gone now. I can kinda see the ghost of a spot.
So I'm thinking this stain would not last thru kissing or eating and certainly not thru wiping a napkin avfter eating.
So why does this matter?
Cuz I really thought the point of a lipstain was that it STAINED the lips and had to be taken off w makeup remover at the end of the day.
My cover girl outlast is harder to take off than this "lipstain" so yea.
Just a product review from a makeup junkie. Also...I'm still at work so I should probly go now.
My 1st sephora order is on track to arrive late tomorrow. So excited! And the 2nd will be here by fri I think. Yay!
Ofc gotta wonder how I'm supposed to do the mary kay thing if I use sephora makeup. Heh bad salesgirl :p
But marykay doesn't have all the colors I like...they're good products. Just...want my colors...
Still sticking w/ marykay skincare tho... now I'm back on it in just 3 days had vast improvement..porcelain skin and from 6 pimples to 3, and one of them is a clusterpimple w twin yellow heads. Cuz I went a week without fully washing my face right. My bad. The other 2 are already fading. This stuff works, I'm just lazy.
Should probably get back to work now :p ^_^

5 comments:

  1. I haven't yet found a lip product I'm completely happy with (well, I did, but it was part of a cheap little store brand beauty kit and when it was gone it was gone forever ::sniffle::). I tried Cover Girls lipstain a while back and it was outright pathetic. Revlon's Just Bitten does a little better, but it works best if you prep right - wash to remove natural oils, exfoliate so the color gets in deep - THEN apply. I just want a lip product that lasts a long time, doesn't smear, and doesn't come off in little paint nubbles like the extended wear + gloss ones do.

    Say, makeup guru, I'm searching for the perfect inky black liner for my inner lash line/waterline. The best I've found is Urban Decay, but I'm allergic to it. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lips absorb differently than your skin, especially skin in such a thin area. I tried lip stain once, didn't like the color, but couldn't get it off for hours! Pretty sure it was maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self: Don't waste money on that shit.

    You are a lifesaver for this poor, makeup-illiterate tomboy :p
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist
    ^So is that dude. I think you'll love his channel ;)

    Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to reply some place I knew you'd see it

    I did get confused setting up adsense. I'm sure you could figure it out, but I had my boyfriend help me.

    I like having ads because I'm an optimist. lol - but I wouldn't say it's been "worth it." I've had ads for absolutely ages, and I've made a total of 13.85. I think I'm getting ~1000 "page impressions" a month - which I think is slightly different than views. I'm not sure how.

    You don't get a check until you reach $100 (Maybe you can set it to $50, I'm not sure).

    I've never heard anything about Google caring about content unless you're asking for ad clicks. Also, if you start randomly tagging your posts mesothelioma you might be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually went and PAID for one of those lipstains. It works just like those lipsticks they came out with a few years ago that "never come off." Makes like a hard crust on your lips that's impossible to get off. Eventually it starts flaking off and looks ridiculous, but try actually taking it off and it's impossible. >:O

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete