Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fucking hell....guess what new "policy" is at work now?
It is now possible to get fired just for not selling the monthly Suggestive Sell item...that arbitrary list that changes every month. And it only counts for credit if the item sold is on that short list.
Here's how it works.....every day you don't meet your goal, you have to sign a slip of paper saying you know you didn't meet your goal. After 3 slips of paper you get written up. 3 times written up and you're fired.
So....9 unlucky days and you're out on your ass.
What about delivery day? When everyone is there running around stocking shelves trying to put all that huge shipment away? Huge chance not everyone will even be on a register, let alone on it long enough to hit the damn sugg sell.
And each resgister has its own sugg sell items. So you sell an item at the wrong registeer and it won't count.
Sigh...
I hate that place. Corporate is run by morons. This just makes people fearful. How is that gonna help teamwork? And does a "trustworthy" drugstore really need to be based on fear and intimidation?
It's financially stupid too. How much money does it take to train a new person? I'm probably the most accurate resetter there, yet that doesn't matter. I can run the photo machines now. Guess tat doesn't matter either. They'd rather dump experienced help over a couple of 99 cent items being sold each day. Seriously?
Think I'm gonna end up putting a few extra ads on my comic...every little bit helps.

So I finally played around with the demos both hostgator and bluehost have up. The file editor part seems very familiar to the old file manager from geocities.
I don't like either site's "what you see is what you get" editor though. Heh..didn't like the geocities drag and drop editor either. Ofc 12 yrs ago webpages were simpler, so it was possible for a noob like me to learn to code by hand. I could even have the background color change when you rolled over a link. I was so proud...I loved javascript. I was just starting to figure out how to create popups and make mouse trails when the rape attempt happened and I fled anything that reminded me of the jackass. Shortly after that R came up to be bodyguard. I was so glad to meet him.
Now that I'm ready to really try coding again...I feel overwhelmed by how much has changed and how fast it keeps changing. I read stuff about php and sql tonight and I'm so damn confused.
Maybe I could do it with plain basic html? At least at first? I don't have "members only" pages and I don't have forums.
And for the first year would I really need a searchable archive? I can do plain links, right? I forget how to turn an image into a link but I'm sure I can figure it out.
I just want to get this going...even if it's a clunky start. Php and sql can only be done on a server anyway, so I can't even practice unless I have a website!

Such a pounding headache right now...it's like I'm too tired to sleep. Don't you hate it when that happens? Tho I'm sure the 3 chocolate bars didn't help.
Sigh......


So I'm rereading old EGS comics. Here's an old fave.. it's right smack in the middle of a crazy and convoluted storyline but still just soooo cute: http://www.egscomics.com/?date=2010-12-10

7 comments:

  1. Do you work at a chain store? Is this a new national policy??? In any case... Your employers are idiots. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible about your job, just horrible...don't know what else to say. i am really sorry....i hope things get better.


    Did you get my other comments...? i am so very sorry if i offended you...that was not my intent at all. i promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well THAT is a fucking bullshit order! What is with with management and handing down stupid policy lately?

    I hope they see how ridiculous it is before it costs you your job (And if they start firing people then I hope they end up spending MILLIONS on training new staff!)

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you work at the same chain I spent 4+ years in the pharmacy for. I've got to say I'm astounded at our different experiences (mine was almost all positive, from a work environment perspective - and I worked with a lot of pharmacists who really cared about our customers). I can't imagine any of the stores I worked at firing someone for not getting a suggested sell quota. Maybe you have a beast of a district manager in addition to bad store management?? I dunno. I'm sorry you're dealing with a seriously rotten situation.

    "Be well." ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I commented on this the other night, but perhaps blogger ate it.... I think it was when I was half-deranged from sleepypills, so there's a good chance it was incoherent anyway.

    They had a similar policy when I worked in Express--you could be fired for not getting enough people to open an Express credit card. And the assistant managers WOULD be fired if they had less than 5 new credit cards in a work week. Totally makes sense in this economy, right?
    -____-

    Hope your headache cleared up!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just a horrible, horrible policy...when employees are trying their hardest...what a sh8tty thing for management to do to you!

    i am outraged and only wish i could do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You haven't posted in several days WHERE ARE YOU?? I hope things are well. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete