Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm here, Mich!
You know you've been gone awhile when you come back to Mich yelling WHERE ARE YOU?

I had the Attack of the Womanlies and was either sleeping or stuffing my face.
When I was coherant enough to get online I was hunting down Fashion Week pictures, especially of Charlotte Ronson (but of course!).
I'm not loving her colored leather pants (wtf?) But I like everything else, even those cute lil knit hats that match the sweaters. I generally do prefer the fall fashion shows. And yea, it was the *Fall 2012* fashions this past week. The Spring 2012 was last...October I think. Fashion is weird. But I guess it's to give stores the chance to get the clothes before the weather hits. Or something.

Work still sucks, I'm gonna maybe see if I can get a copy oof this policy. If it's only district there's still a chance the higher-ups won't be impressed with the potential money lost by firing experienced workers and hiring new.
If this nonsense really is corporate-wide tho...yikes. Mich commented she'd had a similar policy at a place she used to work. And the corporate employer I work for is becoming a behemoth...they keep buying out the competition. And power does corrupt.

I've also been trying to come up with actual storylines for my comic. And realized I needed to rewrite half the introductions. Heh. Hey, this comic will be the first time anyone outside my brother has seen any story I wrote.
Ok R has seen one too.
I have a couple ramdon scenes roughed out. Haven't drawn them, they're more in script form atm. I am actually nervous. I never even posted anything on that old fanfiction.net acct I had years ago. And I'm doing original characters this time. Well mostly original. I did amuse myself at work a few days ago by sketching a few scenes with Samantha and her girlfriend in my head. They both have such dry humor and seem to enjoy picking on each other. I'm a little unnerved by how easy I could get them into the story...and how I don't want to take them out. Bad Honor!

I also finally got around to looking up Adele. Damn that woman has a set of pipes! And she had voice surgery too? Poor girl...so glad she recovered ok. I'd hate to lose that voice.
So far I've. Only heard about 1/4 of her songs and like most peeps I'm in love with Rolling in the Deep and Set Fire to the Rain. When I heard Set Fire to the Rain tho...my brain was suddenly thrown back into this old old idea I once had about trying to write a novel...which would have been my first attempt at eroticism too *blush* so I do want that song......
Glad she's on amazonmp3. I'll buy every song I really want. Support the arts! I rarely want every song on an album. But Adele might be on that short list of artists I just love that much. Even Gaga, much as I adore her, doesn't have me loving all her songs. Just most of them.

I have noticed that the longer an artist takes to put out an album, the greater the chance that I'll love the album. Btw Samantha offers free streaming of her entire album, so you can hear full songs rather than just the amazon samples. Either on her facebook or on samantharonson.com...sorry my memory sucks.
And please check out Celtic Woman if you haven't yet ^_^ I love them too. Siuil a Ruin? (I totally screwed that spelling) yea they sing that. They have entire songs in Gaelic. Makes me cry. I wanna learn Gaelic!

Ok well fvck I do work today and should eat something HEALTHY before I go be a wageslave.

1 comment:

  1. But which Gaelic would you learn? ;) Irish I hope.

    Lol and good luck with that. I'm trying and it's effing impossible. So far I can just insult people. Need to find an actual class or something...

    before I forget!
    The fairy book is into post-production now. I plan on dedicating it to you, since you were the first ever reader/fan and you gave me really great feedback when I was still contemplating tossing the whole thing into the fire. How do you want to appear on the dedication? Full name, first name and last initial (that was my original plan...), just first name, just initials, etc?

    And also, since you've now read books 1 and 2, would you be interested in a read of book 3? It's just over half finished....

    Hope the womanlies have fecked off!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete