Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

the post i thought i made...

Am I the only one who thinks I posted something but turns out I only dreamed about posting or I came up with the idea but never actually wrote it? I was sure i'd done the fangirl squeal at Ana Regzig having posted again in less than a month. I was also sure i'd mentioned calling off work for 1 day and sleeping all that day and the next. Today I feel slightly better. Still have the dry hacking cough, how annoying.
Woke up at frakking 3am today. Did a bit of cleaning. Found yet more candy and yet more makeup. Ugh. I need to lock up my credit card. Got some cute bathroom-organizer type things and used them for makeup. The tiny, clear drawer things are particularly cute. And stackable! But I barely made a dent. I got rid of one box but I still have the Sephora box and the just-for-work box and a caboodles tote and several mary kay totes and a couple bags of various samples I've collected.
I seriously had no idea my collection was this large. I might give Mich a run.
I just like makeup. It's fun! It's really just face painting. I even wear makeup when I'm just hanging around the house. I figure I can use the practice. I still suck at eye makeup. Mostly I'll just put a light brown on the eyelid and a really light shimmery shadow under my eyes. I wear glasses, and the shimmer seems to lessen the shadows my glasses create. There's also the inner corner of the eye. It tends to get dark in there. I put shimmer in there, usually a cream shadow, and I look more awake.
Jack Black makes great spf lip balms.
I just realized I'm still missing at least 1 eyeliner, a lipstick, and a gloss. At least. And an eyeshadow brush. I have issues.
Physician's Formula makes great spf face powders. I have no idea about their eye and lip stuff tho. That's hard to find in my area. Do they even make lip stuff?
My fave tinted spf lip balms are the Fresh Sugar lip balms. They're pricey as hell, but they go on like silk and butter and are soooooo comfy and smell like lemon and are soooo moisturizing. They melt easily tho. That's the one drawback. I got a Christmas set for myself so I have enough spf balms for this summer anyway ^_^
My fave gloss is still the minty Charlotte Ronson gloss, but it doesn't have spf.
Sometines I like the super glitteryness of Hard Candy makeup, but does it exist anywhere other than walmart? I've heard too many things about walmart treating women like crap. Has anyone heard bad things about meijer or Target? Meijer has everything I want *except* the Hard Candy. Google seems to think Target has Hard Candy. And I know target has two other brands I'm curious about (pixi and eyeslipsface).
Nooooo must not go shopping. I have too much already! Bad Honor!
I am so tiredddd.... why can't I sleeeeeep?

3 comments:

  1. You might well give me a run, I was forced to get rid of half my hoard. It sounds like you have a delicious makeup collection, I'm kind of jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really fantastic you boycott Wal-Mart over their history of gender discrimination (not to mention the labor exploitation at home and unsafe working conditions abroad...). I've never seen Hard Candy at Target or Meijer. The former does have a sketchy record on "conscience clauses," that their pharmacists are allowed to refuse to fill birth control prescriptions instead of doing their actual job which isn't Morality Police Who Confuse Their Degree with an MD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do similar things all the time. I admitted my brain blanks and zoning out to kerys and now I'm under orders to write them down. Boooooo!

    Damn, I need you to teach me about makeup! I love face painting and costume makeup, but for everyday wear and even clubbing I'm a fucking n00b. Hard to put on full War Paint when you're helmet on/off all sodding day :/ You have NO IDEA how many makeup channels I'm subbed to and mystefied by on YouTube.

    Oh! I brought my first Real Proper Makeup Brush! Eyeshadow one. It's what I'm likely to use most ^.^;

    Do Fresh Sugar do international shipping? I'm curious now! Ditto for the Ronson gloss. I'm a mint addict, my favourite is Lip Smackers' CandyCane.

    I go through lip balm like a fiend, especially in winter. Wind-damage for the lose!

    Get your Sleep Hygiene sorted. THAT IS AN ORDER!

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete