Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

this could be good....

I'm feeling kinda cautious but.... I might have figured out how to work the old keychain camera. It still doesn't record video for me but I think it wants to install something before it would show video. Cuz in the sample vid on Thinkgeek the keychain recorded in black and white. I don't need video tho. I just need sound and this little keychain records sound fairly clearly.

What I did was use that ancient mic and old Sound Recorder to talk about what I was doing with the keychain as I was doing it. So I have about 20 mins of me jabbering. Then I plugged the keychain into the computer and lined up the sounds & pics with my jabbering... and I think I know how to use it now. Hooray!! Must take good care of this! I did keep the box so it has a safe place to rest.
Wow the sound difference between the mic and the keychain is sooooooo obvious. Lol I tried to take pics but it's hard to aim the thing. There's no viewfinder. I also discovered that the keychain seems to delete files automatically once it's been plugged in. So I'm gonna have to really be on the ball when using this keychain. What's funny is the keychain dates the pics as being june 1 2010 umm.... hahaha! Oh well, I don't care. For now, for today, I am very happy. I need to make a little perch for the thing and figure out best placement for recording. Thus far it seems the best spot would be roughly where the middle of my music stand would be if I were using a music stand. So about level with my nose, about a foot away...with my viola having its holes facing the device. I still don't know how my playing would sound but that's a test for another day....or night. I was up all night again.. I also need to figure out Windows Movie Maker. I'm also gonna need to make some space on my hard drive. Uninstalling Sims would free up some seerious space. Sims is being very glitchy and I'm concerned that my computer is getting strained by Sims. This old computer is the only one I have access to that can see my comic's custom colors. I haven't played Sims in months and I seriously miss it. But I have to keep my old comp going as long as possible. And Movie Maker is gonna be a strain too... although perhaps I could run Movie Maker on the other computer? The other one is only about 12 yrs old. It's the one that ran WoW.
I don't know what to do. I so badly want to record and draw and everything in my room. It's quieter and I don't inconvenience Mom and her fave shows at all. And I like the privacy!but if I must, it would be less embarassing to do the music in "public" than to make my comic and stories.
My voice amuses me now. I used to hate it. Now I find it funny. Though I still don't like to hear myself singing. I think my singing voice is twangy. But my speaking here is funny to me.
Ok anyway I need sleep. I am very late getting the fathers day card to daddie dearest cuz I slept all day yesterday and now I've stayed up all night stopping & starting recording & running my tests so dumbass me is probably gonna sleep all day again. And I also need a shower before I go over there. And I also need to learn Movie Maker and practice my playing.
Anyone know if Lindsey Stirling is gay-friendly? I know Superwoman is... do a youtube search for Superwoman People Are Gay and her video should come up. I also like Superwoman's Girls on their Periods video and her How Girls get Ready. As is her All Ages Parties video.

1 comment:

  1. OMG EXCITEMENT!

    i have to uninstall Sims as well to make some space. I hate playing something that gets glitchy and laggy :/

    I still hate my speaking voice. And my singing voice. Hate hate hate.

    Stirling hasn't stated anything openly homophobic, but she is a devout Mormon :s

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete