Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mon night (well actually @ 2am tues morning) R found a local fashion event that's happening this Saturday night. This is a big event for my blue-collar hometown. Peeps go all out. And everything is local, the one mall in town that does have some big name stores (for the rich half of town) and there are models and I found some pics from this event last year and it looks pretty damn couture. What do I wear to an event advertised as couture but is also advertised as an indoor/outdoor event and to dress for the weather? And is taking place inside an airplane hanger?
General admission tix are $20 each. I don't mind covering R's ticket since I'm basically hiring him to play bodyguard for me. I DO mind if he's expecting me to cover more than 2 tix. I can cover me and him. Not cool if he's getting other peeps to come by telling them the tix are covered. My credit card is damn near maxed out. And I've gotta replace almost every tshirt I own cuz they went yellow from sitting in drawers against the raw wood. I have unlined drawers! Fuck! At least it's getting cooler and no one cares if my hidden undershirts are discolored.
I'm freaking out about what to wear. Weather forecast is rainy with a high of 61 degrees. Plus being maybe outdoors? Doesn't sound like dressup weather to me. I'd much prefer to copy Samantha Ronson's style for this. At least i'd be warm and comfy. I know she doesn't appear on any "best dressed" lists but does that really matter? She's happy and is being herself and that seems to get a kind of respect from the fashion crowd.

Ofc I'm also freaking out cuz I'm too fat for most of my clothes. Slight problem there. I've had about 600 cals since being told about this event and the chocolate cravings are *fierce*. Keep telling myself I only gotta last til Sunday. Totally slept thru tues from the sudden calorie drop, slept right thru class oops. Gonna try to sleep some more, tired again, then try to crank out that paper. Maybe I'll reward myself with a thinkgeek order after I email the paper in.

What am I gonna wear?????
Could go buy a dark suitcoat to go with my black pants.

Oh thought...since this event is so close, wonder if it sold out?
Is it wrong that i'd be a little relieved?
Best not to spend any $ just yet... just try to shrink down as much as possible.

What am I gonna wear???
Ok..sleep time.

Karolina: this blog was just named after her because if how much I admire her. She last updated very briefly on Easter last year. I flipped. I hope she's ok. I still reread her old entries, and am still always inspired. By her willpower, her strength, her faith, her obvious intelligence. You didn't miss anything...I'm just being Ana Regzig's fangirl. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Re: Regzig. That's kind of cool, actually :) Thanks.

    I have no idea... my go-to for rainy / cool weather dress-up is this little black / lace overlay dress I got at a thrift shop for five bucks, which goes with a black pea coat I have. The wool mini / white button-down / pullover sweater look is awfully preppy, but I like it. I think Samantha Ronson pulls off what she wears by virtue of having a cool personality, so I'm sure you could do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I haven't even rang the lady about spinning! I should tomorrow, coz while you're spinning/knitting, you can't use your hands for eating, right?

    Deffo dress how you like. If your comfortable in what you're wearing you project more confidence and will get better quality attention than the chick who is dressed swankily but looks damn awkward with it!

    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, it's getting into warmer weather here, and I'm too fat to fit in most of the clothes that look presentable. (Too poor to clothes shop, go figure)

    I need to re-read Regzig's blog. So inspiring, in a sick way.

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have an awesome time on Saturday!! Maybe wear just comfy pants with a dressy top? That's usually my failsafe when I'm not sure what to wear--it can be casual because of the jeans, but also fancyish because of the top.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete