Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

and again today...

same tall-boss was at work for a bit today.. and at some point when i was stuck on front register with a SMALL line forming (i was only one on reg and the person i was ringing was using a card) and i leaned over for a second while her card was processing to check something else and he went "what's the hold-up?" and i said "card is processing" and he hung around up front for a bit longer, putzing around with something.
Not sure of exact time.. it was before 5pm because of who I was relieving so she could go to her lunch. i THINK it was around 3.

And here's something i didn't consider before.
I recently started doing my work makeup much better. The great youtube vids a number of you cool blogger friends here sent me have been helpful.
I'm not sure if this is connected. It's just something I'm wondering.. I look much more professional now. I look a lot better in general, because of my improved technique. Though I have always gelled my hair to keep it from getting caught in shelving and stuff, somehow the gel hairstyle with the new makeup combines in a way that makes my face look like I stepped out of a magazine.
The third possibility, which i just found out tonight, is supposedly some bigwigs were in town and might have visited the store i work at, or something. So assuming the bigwigs have left town again, MAYBE things will calm down. I'm staying alert either way. Supposedly the bigwigs left town today, and he was still watching me while he was there (another manager closed)
so I'm basically at Yellow Alert ^_^
Observing. Observing carefully as I can.

And yes, i was naughty, and a spy-camera is now on its way to me. i ended up going for the keychain camera, at $30, down from 79.99 and oh fuck.. sometime today it went down further, to $25.
Sigh. My luck sucks.
i also got the space food sampler, which has astronaut ice cream sandwich, strawberries, apple slices, and some "food sticks" a chocolate one and a peanut butter one, and two drink mix powder sticks. And a magnet.
I've tried the strawberries and the dried apple slices by another brand and they were good enough. But I've wanted to try the sampler for months. I've had the astronaut ice cream by this brand and it was FABULOUS! So I have high hopes for the sampler. But ofc the "other brand" i found at walmart is cheaper. And it isn't bad.. it's actually quite good. I just think the Astronaut Foods brand Thinkgeek carries is probably better. We'll see.

In other news, a student coworker was basically forced to miss her final exam when her asshole professor changed the exam time to a time when she was scheduled to work. the large coworker initially said she might cover student's shift, but flaked out at the last possible minute. If it were me, i might well have called in sick because I do draw the line at missing class for work's sake, but in any case her prof is still an ass and i definitely feel no need to ever cover a shift again for the large one.

Also.. I am still a fatass. Womanlies in full swing, eww eww eww, and so is Piggy McBingey. At least the calorie cramming has given me great energy. Did a full day's work on only 5 hours of sleep. Ugh.. my stomach isn't happy about it though.
Also I'm still staying up too late.

Still want pedometer.. as soon as those giftcards arrive i'm getting a pedometer and a graphic pad, probably the DigiPro. Anyway i found another pedometer, also by Omron, that is only like 70 cents more and measures miles as well as steps, and some reviews say it can tell between fast walking and slow walking.
The first one I found:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MNAXRA/

The new find that I'm tempted by:
http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-151-Pedometer-Aerobic-Activity/dp/B000MN94A2/

Thoughts? I wouldn't wear it for aerobics, but if it does measure distance, that'd be nice.
And it's 5am again.. bad Honor!!

3 comments:

  1. I like the second pedometer better, the black one. It has an accelerometer and "separately counts moderate steps and minutes" which to me sounds like it can tell the difference between when you're doing some vigorous exercise, or just leisurely walking around. And it measures distance.

    I can't wait to hear about what happens once you set up that little camera. I LOVE it when employees win against unfair management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honor,

    i really liked your comments on "From Excess to XS"...thank you.

    That's terrible about your coworker and the exam...i graduated YEARS ago and still have bad dreams about missing exams!

    i feel so selfish asking you this, but i used to love reading "A-Rexisaures"...do you know, by any chance, how i might get an invite?

    Also, love your comments on Mich's blog.

    Take best of care,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the womanlies!! At least yours will probably be gone by Christmas. Mine just started and there is not enough junk food in the state to appease the combined tyranny of my stomach and ovaries.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete