Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

hugs to Dumb Brunette. Thanks, cutie ^_^

@Tempest.. ah you were the one who asked. I could remember someone asked me that but I couldn't remember who and checking Blogger stuff is getting harder. I can't scroll down. I can post but that's it. Sorry I missed you :(
And congrats on your license!!! Rock on little one!
I actually am afraid to line my waterline, so I've never done it. Don't go cheap, though. I like how soft the Wet 'n Wild eyeliners are... but when they get in my eyes they itch like hell. All my drugstore stuff itches when it gets in my eyes. Even a marykay eyeshadow will itch a little. So I'm afraid to line my waterline.

MY GRAPHICS PAD CAME!!!!!
And I love love love it!
I still suck at drawing, big surprise, but using the pad does feel more natural and much less frustrating. It makes cartoon creating feel much more fun. And it FEELS like I draw faster, but when I checked the time I realized I was still taking just as long on my pad as i took when using the mouse.
But it's fun for me so it feels like i go faster. or something ...
The pad plugs into my USB port and the pen uses a single AAA battery. I dunno if it's ok to unplug the pad when I'm done using it. I hope so. I don't want that cord hanging around tempting the cats to bite it.
I do like how I can use the pad and the mouse at the same time.. well have them both plugged in anyway. The computer adapts to whichever method is moving at the moment. So i'll switch from pad to mouse to copy-paste something- then switch back and it's as easy as picking up the pad again. Love it!!!

after just putzing around on it for a few hours (it's now 3:30am and i opened my pad at 9pm) I made a cartoon that is really me venting a bit... and practicing my handwriting with my pad ^_^
Quick background... the store I work at, the whole chain actually, sometimes has these sales where when you buy an item, after you pay a coupon prints out from the register that is worth the same price as the item.
Working is always hell when those sorts of sales go on. Post-sale coupons often print out anyway, but not often for the item's full price. And you get a free-after-coupon sale going on........










And this will continue through multiple transactions. One lady i rang out had 30 separate transaction, each of 2 or 3 items, and these transactions were damn near identical because she was cycling through some 3 items that had free-after-postsale-coupon. She added a few cheap candies when she wanted to use more than one postsale coupon on one item.
What the hell does one family do with soooo many copies of the same 3 or 4 items? This shit happens with toothbrushes (the lady said they were stocking stuffers... I'd be pissed if i got a toothbrush as a Christmas present, especially if I was a kid) With deoderants, with makeup, with breath strips... even with "fat burner" pills that are really just lots of caffeine (seriously.. look at diet pill ingredients with a careful eye... they're just stimulants).. do people even notice that these items have expiration dates??? How can anyone use up sooo many copies before they all go bad?
Another lady bought a pack of condoms that she admitted she wouldn't use.. she just wanted the coupon. Why??? Why on earth???

And then I wonder how much TIME these women (and they're all women thus far) must spend creating these shopping lists, especially the ones who add manufacturer coupons into the mix. They come in expecting to get money and um nooo.... the coupons are not allowed to put the total into the negatives. So those women also end up buying cheap candies just so they can pay 43 cents or so and use allll their coupons on their orders.
And yea, these women really do get lots of stuff for pennies to a couple dollars.

But is it REALLY worth it? is it really worth all the time to organize coupons in their binders, line up their shopping lists, annoy the hell out of us and the people behind them with their multiple transactions, and then carry all those duplicates home?

Maybe they're really selling those duplicates at flea markets or something. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I get stuck behind people in Wal-Mart who do that and drives me freaking INSANE. And most of the time they're only doing it so they can check out on the express line--they've got 20 items, so they do 2 transactions of 10. Is it really that hard to just go wait on the regular line?!?!

    I love your expression in the drawings, it made me LOL.

    Have you ever watched Extreme Couponing? Some of these people are NUTS.

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha....this sounds exactly like my sister....won't buy a n y t h i n g unless it's on sale or she has a coupon. Then she writes the price she paid on the item. Guess that's why she leaves on a cruise Sunday....and i don't..... i feel sorry for the checkout person....you!

    Love your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I HAD A MASSIVE COMMENT AND THE SODDING INTERNET CABLE PULLED OUT AND LOST IT.

    Excuse me, Imma go rage for a bit and then retry. Thats the fifth time its done it today, it's why i don't comment very often coz I'm sick of it doing this to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I'm going to need to superglue the internet cable into my laptop, this shit is driving me insane!

    Re-Re-Retry:
    Those ladies drive me insane! they must be the ultimate product of the myth that you can spend money to save money. I'm so glad that the supermarket chains here have consolidated all their store-brand-only specials into easily swiped cards. Coupon books are so 20th century!

    Lol @ the lohan bitch. Doesn't she realise she's basically paying for some advertising for him when she does that?

    Yup you can bat at my hair. It has to be good for something!

    Wow, Westfield is international? That is weird! I knew about Dick Smith and Kmart, but Westfield? Wow!

    I'm so going to pay for miles to get a massage with the guy who runs the gym (He's also the head massage therapist and an ex-bodybuilder) That way Rob can tell him all about the reasons behind the gym and just how bad my shoulders were when I first started going there.

    Hope you had a good new years and the asshole customers are away on holiday for a few days.

    Love you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete