Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Dumb Brunette: a few years ago the ELCA as a whole finally voted to accept gay people as equals, but the legislation also had a clause where individual churches didn't have to follow it.
And Mom's "church" is one of those. At first there was a group that tried to convince the rest of the congregation to leave the ELCA entirely, but that fell thru. Instead the "church" voted to never accept gays as equals and they called it a "compromise". Really? Compassionate people don't compromise with bigots. So I don't feel comfy there anymore.
But before that big ELCA vote the rule was gay pastors had to take a vow of celibacy. Any churches who chose to call a gy pastor in a relationship were forbidden from voting at synod gatherings. It's been a hard fight thus far and I'm so tired of fighting. I just want to go to a church where my orientation is a nonissue. Where they just want me happy, whoever I'm with. You know?

Eloise: yea I do feel guilty for buying something that seems like it's just for fun. Not food, not clothes, not for a house...sigh... hard programing to ignore. Thanks for encouragement. And yea, I have found some disability rights laws in my area. The "fun" part would be proving my case. So guess I need to start writing stuff in a dated notebook, instead of just on here.

Speaking of...... he did it again tonight. (Dec 26)
I was stuck closing. He was closing manager. Btw I stillm have no voice. In many ways I feel better but my voice is still a froggy gargle mess. Which he seems to think a cop-out judging by his snort. Anyway after a day of doing what he wanted, even him having me pick up the trash he made when he broke down xmas gift sets to sell as individual items...I picked up his trash and put all those items away and hunted down bar codes for items he showed me, all while trying to transfer 6 shelves of sunblock back to their proper location (I ran out of time and have 2 shelves left)....after all that..after I had clocked outt after closing he asked if i'd put 2 shippers away. I had no idea what he was talking about. So he walked me back, tho I was already clocked out, and showed me a dispaly unit that held fragrance testers. It had been back there for a month because we used the testers. So I took the testers into the back room and then he unlocked the door to let me out.
If it were really that important, wouldn't he have thought about it before I clocked out and had my coat on?
What the fuck.
At least the floor cleaner guy was there so I didn't have to mop.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, DOCUMENT. Use an electronic document or notebook that has no other purpose. Be specific and objective. Include work instructions he gives to you vs others (ie, don't say "Bosshole makes me do more stuff than Coworker and he criticizes my work more" if you know that "Bosshole waited until after I had clocked out and asked me to continue working while the store was locked. He is aware that I did 30 minutes of work off the clock [against store policy, guaranteed, if not illegal]. Bosshole [checkout incident above] when I had 3 people in line, though I have observed him passing Coworker with 5 people in line without commenting on occasions X, Y, & Z.") Perception is a tricky beast - anyone can FEEL picked on. If you can demonstrate by facts that you are being treated unfairly, you will have a much better chance of fighting this. You don't deserve it.

    OOH OOH, makeup tutorial links, please? I tried to ask you once about your favorite inner lash line/water line black (not Urban Decay, I'm allergic) but I think I was having internet issues and my comment never posted :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh this is one of the reasons I became disenchanted with religion (I mean, besides my basic lack of faith). I hate having to compromise my beliefs to fit in. Wasn't Jesus's message that you should love all people, and that everyone is welcome, no matter what? Isn't that why he hung out with lepers and tax collectors and prostitutes?

    Sorry for the rant. And sorry you had a bad day at work :(

    ReplyDelete