Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

i can haz discipline?

Peri- I do not have Skype... I've heard of it tho.. what is it? Is it free? Is it idiot-friendly? Did i mention i fail at computers and cars both?
Eeeeks! Play my viola on youtube? *cowers*
And yet... I'm going to have to at some point.... one of the things i would like to do is cover some of Samantha Ronson's songs on my viola. how's she gonna hear them if i don't post them on youtube? *cowers again*

Therapy went well enough.... seems my blogger buddies on here aren't the only ones telling me i'm too hard on myself. But.. how do you NOT be hard on yourself when you can trace a lot of your problems to your own mistakes?
Sigh..
I think I'm gonna have to sign up for some sort of spring semester class to continue though... cuz I like staying on campus for soooo many reasons. Therapy... social... I have friends there... and you can only graduate if you're actually enrolled, apparently.
Lots of reasons to pick a simple filler class, probably a Pass/ no Pass 1 or 2 credit deal. Dunno... we'll see after Christmas.. the teachers are pretty much gonna be gone after next week, finals week.
Fuck, i have to study. Exam is on tuesday. And i also work on Tues... fuuuck.
i hate that place.

Mich sent me a Christmas card!! Thank youuuuuu!!!!!

O.G. over at Wanting is Not Enough is doing the ABC diet. i gotta say i've always been awed by the ones who can do that. Such discipline! Such drive!
But I freak about the lack of protein. I think it was O.G. who called me a "goofy lezzie" (which i loved, btw, and O.G. is a gay male so he's allowed ^_^)
Cuz i wanna keep some muscle tone dammit! i don't have much muscle to lose!
Soo... I'm looking over the basic ABC outline (O.G. has it on his Diets tab) and see if I can jigger it to keep my protein shakes. They're 180 cals each so... yea... umm... it's doubtful. Could start doing half-servings I guess.
Here's my idea so far: my go green mixes are about 16 calories for half packet (a full packet is too strong for me) so 2 half-packets is 32 or 33 (i swear my box says something different than the website.. sigh) and a protein shake is 180...so 212 or 213 basic.. and add a cup a soup-spring veg 45cals so i can "eat dinner" and avoid weird looks...258 minimum. And that's not counting the vitamins i like to add when my cal intake goes below 500 ugh...
still... picking my own stuff is less likely to drive me batty than following an approved-foods list. i hate those things. Don't tell me what to eat!
Also looked over the "master cleanse" umm... no. i do not like lemons that damn much. and good luck finding REAL maple syrup where I live.. and i prefer honey anyway. I did hear of a variation... that old Super Slim Me show the celebrity stylist guy talked about how "a lot of the girls" do a mix of lemon juice, water, cayenne pepper and honey.
still not into lemon but  i do like the idea of putting some honey with my go-greens packets, and adding a pinch of cayenne. I actually have my own little shaker of cayenne up in my room now. Snuck out and got it at walmart before my car started rebelling. haven't tried adding the honey yet. Got some dissolving in a small bottle in the fridge right now.
but i also like to put a bit of cinnamon in the night version, i've tried this before i got cayenne and honey.... water and go-greens and cinnamon help with my sugar cravings and also kinda calm me down a bit.
and cinnamon is good for metabolizing sugar.. i think.

Fuck!!!! 6am!! i gotta go!!!!
ok real quick.. any thoughts about the two graphics pads i seriously can't decide between?
http://www.amazon.com/PenPad-7-7-Inch-Graphic-Tablet-Black/dp/B003OBZRPU/
http://www.amazon.com/DigiPro-WP5540-Graphics-Tablet-Cordless/dp/B000GLQZJI

4 comments:

  1. You could try protein powder for mixing into drinks. Mine (a store brand "time release" protein) is 130 calories, 23 g protein, & 5 g fiber per serving. It definitely tastes like a nutritional shake, but I like it.

    Maybe we need to learn to forgive our mistakes so we can spend more time fixing them instead of just beating ourselves up? I'm good at self-beating too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo graphic pads. So fancy. I wish I was more of a geek so I could help with your decision.

    What I really wanted to talk about was the Master Cleanse. I tried it for a day. It was gross. I don't think I want to try it again. And also, with the amount of calories in it, I think you're better off just doing a juice fast. You'll still get all the benefits of the fruit, but you won't have to drink cayenne peppered lemonade. Plus I'm not all that convinced the cayenne pepper has more than a minimal effect.

    As for protein; at my old work, which I like to call Le Fancy Health Club, the personal trainers I knew recommended 1 gm protein for every pound you weigh to maintain muscle, and between 1.5 and 2 gm protein per pound to gain muscle. And 1 gm of protein = 4 calories. So, since I weigh 140 pounds, to maintain muscle (according to these guys), I would have to eat 140 gm of protein, which equals 560 calories. So basically, if you're worried about protein, I don't think you can really make ABC work.

    However, I find that worrying about protein is kind of unnecessary. As long as you're eating it, and doing resistance training (HARD resistance, not just lifting a 5lb barbie weight 200 times) you'll be fine. Just my two cents, although I'm definitely not an expert. If I was I would be skinny by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skype is free AND idiot-friendly. If I can manage it, it's pretty much 'tard-proof!

    ABC is just too calorically low for me. My excuses are my physically intense job and that I don't want too much muscle wastage :/

    Grandpa never seemed to care about me being at Uni, so long as I was happy. Please don't cry! I still have 3 grandparents left. (Divorce and remarriage = 3 sets of grandparents. Woohoo?)

    Love you <3 <3 <3 *Huggles*

    ReplyDelete