Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas tiime is hhheeeerrreeee.....

And Mom found me the old Charlie Brown Christmas movie.. packaged with Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and the Great Pumpkin one.

And xmas music (as opposed to Christmas cuz retail has no concent of CHRISTmas) is playing at work, and even tho retail sucks the soul out I'm still happy. Well... happy-ish.
When i'm not at work I'm much happier. Of course.
They're making me work closing shift on Christmas Eve. I'll be lucky to get off at 10:30.
I asked to be released at 9pm that night so i could attend church services. I made that request officially, in the computer, like a week ago.
nice to see that ignored, huh?
Retail is not medically necessary services... the pharmacy is closed. Just the store part is open.
We're not a gas station and we have no medical staff on duty. So why am i scheduled?
Isn't this some violation of my right to practice my religion or something?

I hate that place.

I seriously need another way to make money. I'm dirt poor.. by the tax returns for 2010 i made an average of $1000 a month. Yes i am serious. And in return for that paltry amount i work weekends and vacations and during my chosen religion's Holy Days.
And since I'm angry instead of depressed... guess what I've been doing?

Please meet Piggy McBingey:
 Chocolate and pumpkin rolls and eggnog (mmm) and all sorts of seasonal goodies. Those Andes mint cookes i loooove.

Also.. I can't draw hair in a laying-down position. I look like i got a beard here. Hah!! Why not?

Meh... I'll redo the pic some other time. i like it.. it's on the way to being my official Piggy McBingey avatar ^_^

I also still have the Cartman Beefcake pic this is based on (please tell me you recognized it) so if i want to start all over, i can.

Moving on.... i'm looking at cheap graphic tablets on Amazon. I'm loving the idea of turning an old idea of mine into a comic, since there's no way I could get peeps to act it out, yet more peeps to film it, then edit it to put on youtube. I know i could use the mouse and MSPaint but for some reason i like the idea of a tablet.
Besides... Dan Shive over at egscomics.com uses a tablet to make El Goonish Shive.
Seriously, I adore the characters over there. The comic is looong and often silly but I like silly. And going back to the very start you can see how his drawing has evolved. So i want a tablet.
let's ignore how I'm poor ^_^ maybe I'll make a tablet be my Christmas present to myself.





Still tempted by the idea of a small ad in the corner tho i know it would do no good. I'm just thinking if i had a few extra dollars from another source maybe i wouldn't be so afraid to fight to get my Holy Days off.


Car-wise... I'm still screwed. The Check Engine light still comes on regularly after about half an hour. So i'm afraid to drive farther than the quick zip to work and home. Probably not gonna make it to church tomorrow. That has me sad. Can email the pastor tho, and see if he knows anyone who can tell me if my car is about to implode. I use the same mechanic Mom likes, and he seems trustworthy so far, both on my account and going by Mom. But his shop is waaaaay out in the boonies. And I don't know if my car will make it.
And guess what? I can't find the OBD-II port!! Fuck! Since my car is a '95 it might still be OBD-I and ooooo that is gonna suck.
And yes i have been looking shit up. I feel like I should be able to fix my own car. Cuz a REAL lesbian could.

Let's ignore how i have no auto skills whatsoever.


My official excuse is hey.. i just got my license this past July. So I'm gonna learn now and catch up :p

I do want to learn tho.. for some reason the idea of fixing my own car just really makes me happy. Like.. in a bragging rights kind of way.

i am such a cliche.

and it's 1am so goodnight ^_^

2 comments:

  1. If they refuse to let you out earlier for your religious obligations, you should totally threaten them with a discrimination lawsuit.
    (I think I've been working for lawyers for too long...)

    Seriously lol'ed at the pics. :D

    I've had my license for 10 years and I can barely put more oil in my car. You're right though--I think that stuff is worth learning.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tablet! It's hard to use until you're used to it, so remember that and don't give up! Just take some time to get used to it before you officially start your project :) good luck, sounds like a fun idea and I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete