Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Awwww....Peri gave me an award! And i seriously should take care of it now cuz... I have a list somewhere of various awards and question sets that I was assigned to do by my fellow bloggers and of course i forgot and then lost the list because I'm just that blasted disorganized.
Ok if i understand this... 7 things that make me happy, and five peeps i pass this on to.

1. My purrsy kitties. Very hard to be sad or mad when a snuggly kitty is rubbing his face on you and being all cute and lovebuggy. Or when my brother and sister pairing get all cute and snuggled up together. Or the little one huddles under my sweatshirt. Love my kitties. Love my dog too, poor old dear. She's got gray hair!

2. Cliche as it is at this point... Samantha Ronson makes me happy. i do not agree with all of her tastes in music.. some of her likes I don't even consider music. i hate rap. Not a huge hip-hop fan either. i think it's too repetitive. I'd be far more likely to raid Mich's cd rack. But... i do like Samantha's own songs, and her voice is so cute, and the girl herself is one of my inspirations... she's older than me and she's been bullied and possibly abused (you know what I think of a certain ex of hers) and she's still keeping her dignity and she's still trying to follow her dreams. Her slang is definitely dated and at times mildy annoying, but hearing that tiny voice say "this is dope" and all that other dated 90s slang.. it can also make me laugh. I remember those days. Everyone once talked like that.

And it's also a reminder to me that money doesn't bring happiness. She's not part of the 1% by any means, (i'd peg her as upper-middle at most) but she doesn't have to choose between paying rent and buying food either. And she has health care. So she's better off than me but that isn't what brings her happiness. She finds her joy in being with people who love her, and money doesn't buy that. Only being a kind person does.
Here's a link to that video she did... she's sooo cute here!
Samantha's Hello Giggles interview
My fave parts (it's a long vid... almost an hour!!)
13:15 find my friends app, she stalks Sophie on her iphone.
16:08 her crazy hair
18:30 giving encouragement to someone wanting to follow a dream..
19:30 the cuteness.. "31 is young, I'm older than you. I'm insulted.. I'm gonna cry"
too bad there's no legal way to get her old songs. I think that's why she finally decided to go with making her own label. I think it SUCKS when an artist isn't allowed to own her art. Her own work, she pours herself into it... What the hell?
This is what I HATE about the music industry. HOW DARE THEY!!! THIEVES!!! USURPERS! INFIDELS!!!! THOU SHALT NOT STEAL AN ARTIST'S WORK OF THE HEART!!!
27:27 so cute how she gets when she talks about writing a song with her dad. She took a picture of the credit.
And the Mina Kwon she mentions in the vid is actually a longtime fan of hers, they've never met, and she started buying Mina's work and plugging her work... I think it's so sweet how Samantha treats her fans so gently.
Sometimes I get sad for a second when i remember she's not single... but then i remind myself that Erin is a very good match for her and Samantha seems sooo happy... and it's so nice to see that. Finally.
42:16 "I hate cymbals!" "And tamborines! Do not put a tambourine anywhere near me."

3. I love sunsets with clouds. I get annoyed having to work thru a sunset, because I seriously love watching the colors change, like a slowly shifting painting.

4. I love being able to spot a rainbow in the wild. it happens rarely here. My hometown was originally a swamp, and when it rains it really rains, the sun rarely peeks through.

5. I get warm feelings when i see my copy of Underwood... because i remember how when i first read it and posted how much I loved it, and how happy that made Mich and I can't help but notice that Underwood was the first story Mich finally published. And i like to think I helped someone else start reaching for her dream.

6. My friendship with R makes me happy. He walked me thru coming out, self-acceptance, he still is my bodyguard and even occasional beard, and he's just such a good sport. He doesn't always know how to support me, but his intention to support me always comes thru clearly. I always know I'm loved by him, even when we fight. We've known each other for.. 11 years now i think. 11 years in person, and a few years online before that.

7. In certain moods, my viola brings some light in. I don't begrudge my baby for being bought by a jackass. Not Viola's fault! I'm slowly picking out the Rohirrim theme on my viola, actually, because in some ways that's easier than Samantha's music, probably because LOTR was mostly orchestral music, and Samantha uses different instrumentation. Transcribing is always more difficult!

And looks like I hit 7 but i wanna add one more.... I like the signs of encouragement on here. Peri's talking about learning recorder simply because she wants too (yay!) and she's learning to spin and create wearable works of art. She's putting herself on youtube even though she's nervous. Brave!!! Mich is fighting back against the disordered mindset. I think she's starting to see that she's valued for her mind and heart, and that's what makes her beautiful, no matter what. Strong!! I'm seriously looking into launching a webcomic. and yea, I'm scared. But I'm getting people i don't even know telling me to go for it! That's so nice... and it makes a difference. Thank you!!!
i like the community spirit that i sense here, even when i forget people's names (and I do suck at names... Samantha trying to remember where she did the silent DJ thing? yea that's me trying to remember anything at all!)

Ok.. pass it on to five others... man this is hard... how do you choose? i don't want anyone to feel left out.. probably why i so rarely do this part... ok..... Starving Artist/baby sis (she looks like a younger me so i call her baby sis), and i'm flipping a coin from here on out... Tempest, Eloise18, Dumb Brunette, Harlow B.

Oh.. to Peri.. did you get Underwood yet? I vaguely remember reading that you were jealous of mine? Can you get one?
and are you serious about sending NZ soaps all the way to me in America? tease! tease! You just want to get me to do a vlog too! so you can hear if I'm getting it! Maybe if i don't show my face :p
Anyway if you can't get Underwood I'm sure I can get it for you.. I've never mailed internationally tho so I'm gonna be stupid trying to figure it out! Dumb amurican!

And I still have Mich's questions to do... maybe after I shower and go to the blasted rehearsal for the show my mom has drafted me into.
This is how i pay the rent! sigh.

1 comment:

  1. You need to record yourself playing that on the viola because that would make me SO HAPPY.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete