Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

food reviews!

A couple things went clearance at work. Am at work now actually. Lunch break!
Snickers marathon smart start bar, crunchy honey graham flavor....zomg yum!! 140cal 22g carbs 4g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 3g fiber, 5g protein. 10g sugar...maybe why it tastes so good. This flavor is soft and kinda chewey actually with a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom. I gotta go get the rest of these mmmmm.... they both taste and look like someone made bars out of graham crumb and peanut mix, coated it in honey and then laid the bar down in a small pool of chocolate while it baked or hardened or something. The only problem is the size. These things are a tiny 1.23oz so I got a second bar to try....

It's odwalla chocolate chip peanut bar and it seems familiar. Did I review them before? Anyway it is a bit bigger at 2oz and has a soft crumbly texture like an oatmeal cookie, a soft one. With chocolate chips and whole peanuts mixed in instead of raisins. Sometimes I thought I tasted a bit of raisin tho, not complaining. This bar has plum puree and date puree listed as ingredients, so many I can't tell the difference between that and raisins. Never had dates by themselves.(har har) 230cal. Total fat 8g, 1.5g sat fat. 33g carbs, 4g fiber 14g sugar, 7g protein.

Last up....a quick note about special k protein water, it's a powdered mix in little tubes. Strawberry kiwi flavor and I do like it. 30cal is kinda high for a water mix I think tho. But I do like the taste. It likes to have a thin layer of foam or something on top too ^_^.
Anyway 30cal, no fat, 40mg sodium, no sugar (?!) 6g carbs, 5g fiber, 5g protein. And about 20 percent each of vitamin B6, B12 and niacin.
It could dissolve better tho. Even my blenderbottle is having issues. Like 15 or so lil pink beads floating around on the bottom. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. The protein count would explain why it has so many calories for a water mix. But it keeps you full longer!

    Lol, the only place I see Kiwifruit and Strawberries in the same place is ontop of a pav, which would explain why my thighs are the size they are!

    I hope you have a good rest-of-your-shift!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.

    You go an awa-a-rd! Go check it out.

    Tried to make your Monday 20% cooler :p

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked for that stuff, but all I've found is a pre-mixed protein shake that is essentially just another meal replacement shake, with 200ish calories (NOT interested!). What section of the store should I look in?

    ReplyDelete