Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

tales of a vampire hermit ^_^

@ tempest: I found them in the drugstore where I work....sometimes they were by the metamucil and Benefiber, and sometimes they were by the diet bars and pills. Right now they're by the diet pills. It's just the kiwi strawberry flavor that was dropped. If all else fails chek kellogg's own website. They have a whole line of Special K stuff. Like 7 different cereal flavors and bars too. And the protein shakes you mentioned. This powder is referred to as Special K Protein Water.

@ Mich: awwwww... you know I like making you happy. This is emotional blackmail! :p

It might happen tho....cuz I've made a fun little discovery. Have to check for any compatibility issues ofc....

So I've spent the past 3 days as a vampire hermit. Nevermind that class started last week and I have yet to email any professors. I did check my grades and they're in the toilet. D- ...sigh.
Nope, instead I've been sleeping all day and fiddling with stuff all night. I've stayed off the internet-connected computer tho...I istalled my penpad on my old old computer in my room. And I've been fighting with my lack of drawing, trying to get these characters to match what's in my head a bit more.

I also installed that keychain camera I got from Thinkgeek awhile back. And I'm having issues with it as well. It works....mostly. the "manual" is a damn joke. I'm never sure what mode it's in. Playing with it I've taken both pictures and audio, but for some reason it doesn't do video. When recording it only gets the sound. But I know the camera lens works cuz I accidently switched to photo mode somehow and got 5 pics before it switched back to "video" dunno how I did that...
But if it's only gonna record sound I can just use my keychain camera to record my viola playing! :p I don't want my face on the internet anyway. And the audio was actually pretty good!
It's labelled as 808 car keys micro-camera, and the photos I took were blurry as hell but I thought I was recording so oops. I gotta show the manual sometime tho. It's such a joke.

But while dealing with this I found a lovely little thing called Windows Movie Maker on my ancient computer (I affectionately call it the Minotaur, as this computer is newer than my dear Dinosaur, which was only 9GB total hard drive and is currently an endstand)
I took the audio from the keychain cam and threw some pictures onto it. Not bad. I wonder if the internet-connected computer has something like this? Cuz that would rock!! I could make little shorts for my comic, maybe set to music? Or I could maybe even narrate? Try my hand at different voices? That could be fun! Have to be careful with the keychain cam tho...it really records just being touched. But I dunno if this Movie Maker would extract an audio from a vid that already had pics. And the keychain cam, if you don't touch it at all while recording....it does get very nice sound!
Oops...and having so little free space on the old Minotaur means I probably shouldn't play with making movies longer than 2 minutes or so xD
The program froze. Oh well, it closed without crashing the Minotaur.
The real question is....can I use this to combine audio files in a way that overlaps them?
Looks promising...I'm testing w the nopic avi vids that the keychain made. And both are playing! But the second is much much softer. Hmmm...hang on I think I accidently split the sound when I wanted to split the pic....new test....nope second clip is still softer. But it switches...it automatically fades second clip in and first one out. Annoyance! How do I turn that off? Blast! No idea....it won't let me lay one audio on top of another. Sigh.
I need whatever Samantha uses to make her mixtapes, huh? Sigh. I can get the volume I want by putting one vid in the Audio track and the other vid in Video track but I can only see the soundwaves when in the Audio track. Annoyance! And I could still only do 2 layers of sound,.... and good luck getting pictures. Ugh...ok need soundmixing software. Ideas?

Could probably still do brief cartoons with sound so long as all the sound was together on one track. Itsd be like these old kid movies I remember....where the pics didn't move....it was like a book on videotape instead of the book on cassettes. Or am I the only one old enough to remember getting kids' books on tape and you read along with the tape. Because you had both book and cassette. Same w book on video. You had the book, and the accompanying video used the same pictures just now there were voices playing the parts and reading and the video would switch between various pictures that you'd already seen if you read the book.

Am I making any sense?

Probably not. Anyway I need to get some sleep. I do have to work later today. Stayed up all night again. Gotta rest up before being a good little retail slave.

ETA: just noticed I got approved for adsense. Need to get on computer and figure out wtf ad channels are!
And sorry that some of them are for pills etc. I was very amused to see an ad for Kind bars tho. I remember reviewing one of those. It was yummy. Must find more Kind bars! Omnomnom.

3 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about Windows Movie Maker... Don't think they put it on computers anymore, but I could be wrong. In college, before I got my Mac laptop, I tried using Movie Maker on my ancient Windows laptop because I didn't feel like dragging my lazy arse all the way the school's computer labs to do my film homework. I totally killed that laptop, but then I guess Movie Maker isn't really intended for 20-minute-long films with like 10 layers of intense editing...

    From what I remember, you can import a sound file in movie maker to make a soundtrack. I think there's an "import" option under the File menu.

    When I was little I had a big stuffed toy Mother Goose with a tape deck under her wing, and she would read stories, and there were books so you could read along. Her mouth moved and everything and I'm pretty sure I thought that was my mother because I hardly ever saw my real mother, and Mum says I nearly had a nervous breakdown when she threw Mother Goose out (it had stopped working by then, by I still slept with it in my bed).
    This thing:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDS-WONDER-TALKING-MOTHER-GOOSE-W-6-BOOKS-TAPES-WORKS-NHT-RESTORED-/270888899650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f123c9442#ht_1078wt_829

    I totally want to get one off ebay, but I think Mum would have a heart attack if she saw it--Mother Goose used to freak her out. XD

    How are those Kind bars? What are good flavours? I want to try them, but I've had bad luck with other bars (like the Luna bars me and Lil Sis tried--3 flavours and they all tasted like stale whiskey. BLEHH).

    Wow I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now. Hope you're having a good day! <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much about the Special K stuff!

    As a person who recovered from a 1.something GPA (and probation) to a 3.something, I can say it is WORTH IT to keep slogging through. Even if it means you have to pass ONE class this semester instead of aiming too high and failing 3. I don't know what your obstacles are, but as someone on the other side of college (finally!), I can say that it is possible to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I'm getting Job HUnting Website and Madman comic ads. I like! :D

    Ugh manuals rarely inform. Maybe Google some help before SOPA shuts off your access to info?

    LOVE YOU!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete