Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well the performance went well enough. My straight girl crush and her band played, which I think was the highlight of the night. I tried to record them on my phone but the phone's little mic picked up more drums than anything else.

And something else, a few minor things technically, happened that I need to talk about or at least vent. And it might be triggering to certain dear ones here.
Skip to the bolded sentence, cuz after the bolded sentence I move on.

Family members who hadn't seen me in awhile commented that i'd gained weight. Well duh. Grandpa even poked at my potbelly and said "what's up with this?" And aunt said she was concerned about my health. Yes I know I'm fat now. I wonder if they'd be happy for my fatness if they knew about my past...heh they'd probably just say I wanted attention.
I know I'm fat, and that isn't the disordered mind talking. A doc would back me up on this. I am teetering on the edge of obese. Both of my parents are type 2 diabetics. But I've tried to diet the healthy way and I fail before the end of the day. Just yesterday I had a healthy breakfast of eggs, I worked so it was a gnu bar for lunch. And then I came home and saw Mom got pizza and I ate 4 slices (which was half the pizza) and then 2 boxes of Hello Panda cookies. My stomach was begging for mercy. Thus far today I've had more Hello Panda cookies and chocolate chocolate chocolate. I often feel depressed. How do you lose weight in a healthy way? My brain doesn't seem able to work this way. It's all or nothing.
I should go back to calorie cycling. Having "all days" and "nothing days" was an easier way to ride this tempermental dragon.

end venting rant

But I do want to take a semester off. I look at my transcripts and it's like a litany of failure. I feel weighted down by it. I want to forget about homework and concentrate on my comic for a few months. I feel like getting my comic online and getting some readers will maybe help me feel like I can get stuff done. Like an accomplishment. And maybe then finishing this damn degree won't feel like such a big scary thing.

I continue to play with my penpad and mspaint. I've been playing with the custom color feature and I think I've found a decent shade for my skin tone. My penpad drivers also came bundled with something called Artweaver. I can't really make cartoons with it but when I use artweaver to convert bmps to jpgs I get to adjust the "quality" of the conversion, so I'm experimenting with that. I also found out I can put a single sheet of paper on the penpad and trace thru the paper, but it's harsh on the penpad's pen. So it's back to trying to draw on penpad as naturally as I do on paper.
My main issue is how some characters need to have very exaggerated features, and getting those exaggerations to stay consistent is hard. My hand is too jumpy. I've been testing drawing things large and then shrinking the pic and it does help a bit, but when saved it also gets blurry. Blargh! How does Mich make her lines so clean? My mspaint even makes a black and white pic go wonky! Annoyance!!

And I just discovered that one of the cats projectile vommited all over my bathroom floor. Guess I should be thankful they're too small to aim much higher.
Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. *Massive huggles*

    I understand your current weight rage/diet rage. I've shot up from being the low end of 'normal' to being in the low end of 'overweight' and I don't even eat crap, I eat healthy but far too much. Constant binges on healthy food in an attempt to numb the depression and nerves. Gah!

    I've been working on a post about it, I should vent properly too, lol!

    I wish I could help with the conversion of file types problem, but I have a cracked version of photoshop so I just select the filetype to save in when I finish.

    Love you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the artweaver thing? Is it easy to use?

    I drew the pics on the header! ^_^ Quite proud of myself actually.... I did it some actual drawing with pencil and pen, and then colouring and touch up in MS Paint and Piknic.

    The all or nothing days are like my easiest habit--it's soooo hard to just eat a normal(ish) healthy amount! I wish we could teach ourselves how to eat properly as easy as we screwed all of that up in the first place. :/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...most of my paint drawings are done on the "fake" version of ms paint for Mac, and I have noticed that those pictures tend to look a bit cleaner than the ones I do on the Windows comp at work... I haven't figured out how to make the work comp make better pictures. :/

    ReplyDelete