Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Anyone know how low Ana Regzig got? I thought 120 was the lowest she got?
In may 2009 she complained about not being allowed out of the "recovery" program until she was 120lbs yet the Biggest Loser was awarded much $$$ for being 117lbs. Regzig was annoyed. So I'm pretty sure she got below 140.
@Anonymous yea I'm sure she got below 140. I couldn't keep track of her weight but I see no reason to call her a liar, just as I see no reason to call any blogger here a liar.
Mostly tho I read her blog for what I see as an honest picture of the mind games. Both played by anorexia and played by those caught in it...and by those who think they can "cure" anorexia. How people will try to trick or browbeat an ana into eating against her will. How the media rewards thin women yet does the "too thin is bad" shit....like media has azny clue what "too thin" even is. How the thinner girl really does get the role...and the respect.

I've also found her tips and suggestions useful. She gave me the "recipe" for how much water I need and I feel great when I follow that. Reading her talk about ketosis is what motivated me to look it up. I found the kickass site ultimatefatburner.com because she linked it on her blog. Her tips for fasting have helped me. And I really like how she talks around this tension between ana and her faith. She can fast for religious reasons but at the same time there's a tension like she knows God doesn't want her to be ana. I felt less alone when I found her blog. I couldn't keep track of her weight from entry to entry but I found her inspiring for other reasons.
And again I'm sure she got below 140.

Moving on...I did another brief fast. From 6pm Monday night to 8pm Tuesday. Pigged out a bit on Mom's yummy spaghetti when I got home from work at 8pm but I'm not overly worried. I'll eat at the Lent dinner tonight which means I'll be done eating @6:30 and then it's another liquid fast until at least 6pm Thursday. Intermittent Fasting for the win. I actually had a meal plan for tues but ended up skipping it as each mealtime came and I just wasn't in the mood. So had my 10cal joint health drink mix, half a Go Greens packet, and a protein shake. So about 300cal total for 24 hours. I don't think that's too bad. I just wasn't very hungry...possibly because I wrenched my back again at some point and I was moving stiffly most the day. I still hurt. It's from very low, like just barely above hip-level, and to the right of my spine. No idea what I did or how to make it go away.
I wish I could keep my scale out but my kitty pissed on my last scale and ruined it. And digging it out of the only cupboard big enough to hold it is an obstacle course. My bathroom was seriously designed by a moron. Guess I could try to hop on Mom's while she isn't looking. It's a dial but i'd have a ballpark weight. And I feel that monthly nuisance coming on so "ballpark weight" is right.
And speaking of ballpark weights....140 might not be a bad one. I'm still more about the Goal Look but at 140 I would not be overweight anymore. I'd be well within the "healthy" range. Still amused that I could get all the way down to 120 and still be within the "healthy" range. But apparently I really was that tiny once. Just found a pair of old high school jeans and damn.....I was tiny! I'm much older now tho and older people need a bit of fat to look alive...I think I read a quote by Iman that after a certain age either the face goes or the ass goes. I think she was quoting someone else tho...cuz that quote sounds old...black and white movies kinda old.
So what I'm saying is would being that tiny look as good on me now as it did back then?
I'm not sure. Hence the ballpark goal of 140. it'd be soooooo fun to fit those high school jeans again....but I won't sacrifice my looks.

Damn...mom and R were right. I really was that small. I really had a bmi just below 19. Damn. Wow. Damn.
I wish I had enjoyed it more.

6 comments:

  1. The more I lose, the older I look. No cream on the market takes away the saggy facial skin that used to hold youthful cheek fat.

    Could your back issues be sciatica or sciatic nerve damage of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true though, I mean about the ass or the face. Celebs have to chose between the body and the face as they age. Fuck, look at Madonna! She chose the body alright. Bitch needs a paper bag over her head so she don't scare the chilluns!!

    I'm aiming for 120, that will put me at just underweight. Right now I'd be happy to be back where I was this time last year. 58kg, why didn't I enjoy it more??

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.

    Lol, I have to say I was really weirded out and didn't talk to him much >.< The were even the same height!!

    I LOLed so hard at your kitte's hunting. Hmm maybe you should get a citrus-scented laundry powder to make your bras less attractive to kittehs? Dralion used to grab my balls of wool and head for the cat door D: I knitted her a cat toy so she got it all out of her system ^.^

    Mum didn't get off my back about having bigger boobs than her until I started doing my own washing in protest. Silly bitch was jealous.

    Hope you have a good one today <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder the same thing as I get older. I've noticed that once women hit a certain age, they seem to look younger if they have more weight on them. It's a terrifying thought, that one day I might have to choose between thin and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck fasting and getting to your goal weight. I know what you mean about wishing you enjoyed being thin more. I'm kind of in that place right now. I know I'll look back one day and know I was just being silly. The info about regzig was interesting. I don't know what happened to her, but I miss her blogging. Anyway, I hope you're doing well.

    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ana Regzig was well below 120. My guess is a little below 110. She was def. below 140.

    ReplyDelete