Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ugh...well I technically hit my 24 hour mark cuz I stopped eating solids at 7:30 last night and I didn't eat solid food, or even semi-solid like applesauce, until after work when I got home at 8:30. But I didn't make it to midnight. So...does it count?

Well regardless, I feel ill. Maybe it was the stew I had for dinner. It was leftovers made by another woman and she gives us her leftovers. And the meat in this stew had that been-in-refridgerator-too-long taste. Cuz I've eaten peanut m&ms before without a problem.
Well....that's what I get for eating, I guess. Just won't have any more stew. Actually...not eating until late tomorrow sounds like a wonderful idea. Hell, not eating anymore sounds good...but sooner or later i'd faint or turn blue or something else that would give it away.

Blah. That's just what I get for eating. Eating causes trouble. Eating also takes up time. It tkaes a lot of time, and in multiple ways.
First there's the basic time it takes to shovel stuff in my mouth. Then add the time to prepare the food. Then add the time to go buy the food, search it out and bring it home. Now add the time to earn the money used on food.
And now add the time lost to digestion. I'm convinced that digestion drains my energy...I tend to feel tired after eating more than a small amount. And ofc I didn't inherit my mom's cast iron stomach. Nope....that's one thing I have in common w daddie dearest. Ofc he doesn't blame his faulty genetics. He blames my stomach on mom, he claims my small breasts are cuz I didn't drink enough milk as a kid (which is total fucking bullshit).

Protein shakes do cost a bit of money...but they're fast to prepare and as easy to consume as a glass of water. And they're easy for me to digest. I don't feel so sluggish. Ofc it takes willpower to have just the shakes. Sometimes ya just want the candy. The cheap, fleeting sugar rush even tho you know it's cheap and fleeting. The chocolate, the donuts, the cake...totally not logical. Sucks to be merely human. Vulcans are hotter anyway.

Speaking of Vulcans...ok I'm watching Voyager and T'Pol's obviously not in it and she's the hot vulcan... but anyway season one is up and I can't help but adore the clothes Kes wore during the first two seasons. Before her hair got long...her cute outfits of a tunic/dress with tights or leggings of some kind, with little boots or shoes. Her clothes are so sweet and pretty and feminine without being super sexual. Her figure is hinted at but she shows no skin.
I wish I had clothes like that.
I'll never be as hot as T'Pol, and I'll never be able to wear her outfits, or Seven's....but I can see myself wearing someting similar to Kes's early outfits. Kes gets truly pretty later on..and her clothes are still gorgeous..but I can't see myself wearing something like that.
I particularly like Kes's green tunic set. I think that one's my fave. Sometimes it looks green-with-silver or something...I need to hunt up a picture sometime. I like how the characters cycle thru a few outfits...it seems more real that way. I mean those with uniforms have uniforms but it's fun for me to notice the reuse of costumes for Neelix and Kes. Like they're real people just cycling thru their wardrobes as they do laundry. It's just one of those details that I always like seeing.
I am weird.
I'm also concerned that I'm too old to wear such combos as Kes's tunic sets. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. If you like their style, you can dress like them. You're never too old to rock something unique. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in response to your comment--I would LOVE to be a forest ranger. Even more than that, I'd love to run away into the forest and become a crazy mountain woman. Maybe we can both disappear into the Appalachians and start a tribe. :D

    ReplyDelete