Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

feck.

Early Monday morning, shortly before I had to go work, the womanlies hit. At least it wasn't a heavy month. Still tiring though, so work was even less fun than usual.
And ofc I wanted to sleep all day tues but I was good and voted instead.
Then I went to Kroger and got some junk. And eating junk in addition to the stew. At least the stew is healthy.
Also started building a Panic Stash. Even tho I read the wikipedia list of apocalypse predictions Peri gave me and yea there's been a lot, a science/history channel is running some 2012 special on repeat. And it gathers predictions from different religions including Druidism (seems Merlin was from that) and the Mayan and Bible and even some computer program and a Chinese thing that predicted the World Wars? Anyway I'm freaking out again. So I started a small collection of protein bars and energy bars and beef sticks. I also found 1 liter sized bottled water but it's flavored and carbonated so I'm gonna drink the stuff & refill w plain water and then put the bottles in the Panic Stash. I. Need to find an Army Surplus and get those strange yet tastyrations I had back during Y2K (yea I was a bit. Freaked back then too, go ahead and laugh).
The rations are tasty to me. Like a slightly lemony pound cake that got freeze dried or something. So if the world doesn't end, I'll still enjoy eating the Stash.
Must hunt down new phone battery though. Phone works great if it's plugged in but if I lose power.... yea. I have a solar cellphone charger but between the winter daylight and charging thru a window (no way am I putting it outside) I'll only get a charge every 3 or 4 days.
Ofc it's possible I'm freaking out over nothing. For some reason end of the world predictions are freakier to me at the end of the year. The May 2012 thing didn't frighten me at all. Whatever happens I just hope we can stay in our house. My pets will be safe and I'll have my whole Panic Stash.
Really don't want to work on those days. I have nightmares in general about being forced to work during storms. Work's official policy is they don't even close if the power goes out. They just do everything on paper. Gotta calculate the tax by hand and write down credit card #s etc etc and put it thru the computer after power comes back. Is a Level 3 snow emergency the serious one? Would a drugstore be allowed to be open? What sort of conditions need to exist before they couldn't make me go in? A sheet of ice over my doors? Ugh. I should look that up. Getting Presumptions R Us in trouble could be fun.
I need sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the monthlies pass swiftly! I think mine are on the way, as my chest has tripled in size (which could also be from weight gain, but let's pretend...). And good luck with the Stash! At this point I don't even care. The apocalypse might be just the vacation I need!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Huggles* Ugh womanlies are such a pain in the behind. At least we know we're not carrying a parasite, lol!

    An emergency kit is a good thing to have on hand in case of a natural disaster. Also get water purifying stuff, ok? Seriously all that 2012 stuff is full of shit.

    Oh holy fuck I HATE working checkouts during a power outage. If I ever see another Manual Eftpof Form I'm going to snap and try to force the manager to eat them. I swear!

    We aren't allowed to be at work if the police declare the roads closed. If the roads are too dangerous to be allowed to travel on, then nobody can go anywhere and you should not be at work. It's happened a handful of times in the last few years. In Dunners we're used to shit weather and ice in winter. Socks on over your shoes and off you go!

    Oh shit are you getting the snowpile storm tagging along behind Sally? You ok?

    Sending you love and warm hugs <3 Sweet dreams <3

    ReplyDelete