Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lord help me...i've discovered Pocky.

Crap. I'd heard about pocky. R loves it. And i'd seen pictures. And while at Kroger tonight I noticed 3 flavors. Strawberry, chocolate, and something called almond crush, which is chocolate pocky with almond bits in the chocolate.
I like them all. So nom. Think I like the strawberry and the almond crush slightly more than the chocolate. But the pocky binge has filled me up too much to get into the reeses chips ahoy. So yay for that.
Also got more botan rice candy. Like the pocky, the entire box is one serving, but the rice candy is 80 cals. Wait the chocolate pocky was a 2 serving box.
The rice candy is like a soft fruit chewy thing. Not quite jelly like. And it's double wrapped... in plastic and then an edible inner wrapper that melts on the tongue. So if I'm not sure, I stick my tongue on it and since plastic won't dissolve it's easy to avoid eating something inedible. And this inner wrapper acts like a shell around the gummi candy. And the little boxes are cute and each box has a big kiddie sticker inside. And I am a Peter Pan wannabe ^_^
I went total sugarholic anyway tonight. I spent all of yesterday and most of today trying to sleep off a sore throat with occasional headache and general fatigue. Wasn't even remotely hungry yesterday and forced myself to eat some yogurt and Bolthouse Farms smoothies, C-Boost & the chocolate protein. Same deal today. I didn't start feeling hungry til around 8pm. Had a super yum chicken noodle soup at the diner, the weekly fam deal. And it really helped. Had a fun little gabfest w Bro's girlfriend (soooo hoping they tie the knot) and then went to Kroger. And WHAM the sugar cravings and hunger! I got some good stuff. A few yogurts and a big C-Boost bottle (I am gonna be healthy again damnit) but I also found a dozen glazed donuts for $1.49 and a giant cupcake/mini cake for 2.49 and then I got the reeses chips ahoy and the Lays cheddar & sour cream chips & the pocky. Ugh. But I also got sushi. Krogers has a sushi bar and even when it's closed there are little single serving prepacked sushi trays. I got a california roll and had a bite already. Is good! So there's my breakfast. And I need to be good again. I'm halfway thru the 1st month of my 4 month sprint & I've done nothing to crow about. In fact I think I've gained. I know dieting while sick isn't good but at least I could dump the junk! Chips and cookies will not help the immune system!
And I'm feeling tired again. Oh well it's past bedtime anyway.

2 comments:

  1. what is pocky i dont want to know
    you made me hungry
    also here is an award for you
    http://glassimagination.blogspot.com/2012/11/i-won-oscar-okay-but-im-pretty-damn.html
    and you making people hungry-nes

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fuck, Pocky. My host sister sent me 8 flavours once. I love milk&honey, lemon cheesecake, men's chocolate, the cocoa powder covered ones, strawberry etc etc etc.

    I need to stop bingeing on junk whenever it's put in front of me too. Shall we pretend it's poison?

    Love you Honour <3

    ReplyDelete