Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

needs title...

I've been reading Regzig again.
When I went downstairs today my knees and ankles clicked the whole time.. my joints hurt. My back hurts. My fatness is not just about looks. So there's no need to worry about me losing weight that I don't need to lose ^_^ I very much need to lose it.
Anywa so I've been reading Regzig again and her great 34 day fast. I wasn't around when she did it so all I have of her plan is what I glean from her blog, but it must have been strict. Not even she could finish it. So there's no way I could. Do you think the ABC diet was inspired by those who saw her plan on her fb group? Anyway...
So there's no way I could do a plan that strict but I am attracted by the idea of having some sort of plan. Been mulling over a sort of "restricting til Thanksgiving" kind of idea. Cuz I'm not gonna deny any of Mom's good cooking. The only time she really cooks is holidays. But I also want to drop a few lbs.
Coming up with ideas isn't easy. I need to be seen eating, get enough nutrition, and have it be easy enough to follow on work days when my willpower is shot. I also need to group my drivving cuz my dear ancient car doesn't like being turned on just for short trips. I walk to & from work all the time now. In fact if it takes less than @ 20mins to walk there then I walk. And sometimes longer. I take over an hour to walk too campus. But I do take bus fare in case it gets dark or I get too tired to walk home.
Anyway so....there's a lot of variables. The weekly confab at that diner too. Oh but while wandering Kroger the other night I found some microwave-steamable veggies in single serve packs (ok more like 1 1/2 servings for whole box) and they were the same price as my usual tvv dinners. So for same price I went much healthier and lower cal! Score! And I also found these adorable baby bananas. They're twice the cost of normal bananas but I don't care. Usually I'm tired of banana taste after just half a banana. So these little finger sized bananas are perfect for me. Many days my breakfast will be a yogurt and a baby banana. So yum and so sub-200 too. Most of thosecalories are from my yummy Chobani yogurts, but they tend to have like 14g of protein so yea.
I just keep rambling. Gotta get back to the gym. Gotta find my blasted membership card! I'm concerned that if I walk to gym I'll be spotted by coworkers and might get caught on how I didn't enroll this term. I intended to at first, but everyone was busy and once the first 2 weeks of class are over the window is gone. I could drive to the gym if I went on the days i'd be driving anyway. Like maybe I could hit the gym for a few hours before the family dinner at that diner.
And I'm just so much more productive when I'm not eating. Dunno why that is. I'm sure fewer sugar crashes have something to do with it. Maybe while restricting I'll finally start writing again. I've got a comic to make, and maybe someday I'll do the various fanfictions in my head and post those on the comic's website too. I've got an old Legend of Zelda one I started as a teen (or younger? Don't remember) and I've got the small idea for an NCIS fanfic and a shameless Star Trek ffanfic that tries to tie together all the series (except the reboot. Planet Vulcan still exists, damnit!)
And mustn't forget adapting Samantha's songs to my viola and posting them on youtube....assuming I figure out a way to record.... the point is still that I'm more productive when I don't eat tho :p
I'm signing up for my own Kroger card. I feel kinda guilty about it. But it's hard to redeem the points without a physical card, and I don't have one! Mom threw away the ones she didn't need so I have no card unless I borrow hers. Altho judging from the # of points on her card, she doesn't redeem them either. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Greek yogurt! It's been frustrating for so long that yogurt is usually fat free but still chock full of SUGAR. Not healthier, people! So Greek yogurt has less sugar and more protein = win win! I adore the strawberry-banana and pineapple Chobani.

    I also treasure my family holiday meals. I'm grateful that over the years of craziness I haven't lost the ability to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas, to hell with calories and weight for a few days a year. Don't ever give that up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah. weight sucks.
    holiday suck. it is directly proportional to weight gain i realise.
    Chobani yoghurts seem like haven. 14g of protein. whoa
    hooooot.
    fanfiction is hot. i write Klaine fanfics all the time.
    fffff
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to restrict until thanksgiving then have a cheat day make sure you do some exercise to maintain your muscle mass so you don't end up gaining from a slowed metabolism, ok? It's how the fucking yo-yo cycle starts, and we want to avoid that at all costs! So detrimental to your mind >.<

    ZOMG STAR TREK FANFIC YES PLEASE!

    I need to stop mindlessly munching all the time. HALP! Being stuck at home with the food is such a bad idea. Mandatory walks or something? Fuuuuuck. I dunno if I'm more productive, but I'm definitely not as fat when I'm eating less. Maybe more cups of tea? Re-read regzig for sure. I wanna modify the SGD to add 1000 to each day of it so my metabolism doesn't crash and do that. The ABC is pretty much designed to make you fail either from re-gaining at the end of having an autonomous binge partway through. I hate things that set you up to fail.

    Love you *huggles*

    ReplyDelete