Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

what a glitch

Oh dear...got home from work tonight (technically yesterday as it's 2am now) and found that. Mom had brought home 2 big jars of a glorious stew made by the talented cook at her church. This lady is famous locally for her cooking. This stew is corn and beef and carrots and peas and beans crammed into a beef broth. It's thick. It doesn't pour into my bowl, it plops into my bowl. Can't let this nommy stew go to waste. Hope Mom eats her share!
So I'm not sure what to do here. No idea how many calories are in this yummy stew. Maybe do a 2 hour eating window each day until the stew is gone? The Fast-5 people do something similar, only their window is 5 hours long. And fast the remaining 22 hours? And stay out of the damn Halloween candy!! Have a Chobani for dessert. Damn! *slaps self*
I also have about 3/4 a carton of eggs I need to eat up. This week's Kroger visit will be smaller than usual.
The Fast-5 peeps aren't really about weight loss. Though weight loss does sometimes happen. But Fast-5 is more about keeping base insulin levels from going wacky. By fasting for 19 hours at a time the body has a chance to fully digest and then dip into fat stores and let insulin fall to fasting levels. Then 5 consecutive hours are the eating window, and you just eat until satisfied, as often as you want within that window. It's almost exactly what I did last year during the holidays. I'm happy to see that a lot of people like that eating pattern. I find that eating pattern to feel very natural even tho it doesn't usually leadc to weight loss for me.
Ok...gonna try like hell to not eat til after 8pm when I get home from work. But I'll take a little Slim Jim mini stick to work just in case.
And stay out of the candy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!

    Stew is my favourite winter food ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. xD. Honour, you sure like candy.
    anyway, omgosh, stew. i want! i want anything hot and nice. <3 hmm. i love hot and nice things.
    ugh. xD. Fast 5. i no longer believe in fasting. it makes me fat.
    :P
    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit I LOVE stew. Especially rabbit or mutton stew. Try saving stew for lunch and dinner and nibbling something every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism at peak burning capacity?

    I've found that doing that and not eating for 3 hours before bed and having breakfast has helped me lose more consistently than when I tried intermittent fasting. Going longer than 4 hours without eating, especially when active, means your body starts to slow down. It's against dieting logic, but you actually need some fuel on board to convince your body it's safe to burn the fat stores. If it's consistently deprived it thinks food is hard to come by and it needs to keep everything. Ugh, fucking biology!

    Lol the dragons wouldn't know what to do with them. They're far too scrawny to be worth the effort of swallowing! They'd be ignored or deported to human cities where they'd die from actually HAVING to work! XD Although a psychotic dragon going on a slaughter rampage would be fun to work with. Hmmmmm.

    Love you so much. STAY OUT OF THE CANDY!!! What would Seven say about candy, hmmm?

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete