Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So Thanksgiving is a week long now....

Yet somehow it's also over before dinner Thurs cuz in some places the damn "Black Friday" sales start at like 8pm thurs night.
So glad I don't work at WalMart.
Presumptions R Us is a store which has delusions of competing with the big stores, but it's just a drugstore with overpriced cheap crap. I think I could also call the place Pretensions R Us but when i hear the word "presumption" i hear Lady Catherine de Berg from the Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle Pride & Prejudice in my head, and work's various corporate rules & slogans definitely make me think of Lady Catherine and her snobbery.
So... yea.
Anyway I had chocolate.. I found some on-sale seasonal Lindt truffles and omg so YUM!!! i managed to hide half away for the next womanlies but the other half is opened. At least I'm trying to share it. Let my fave coworkers try some and now at home I got it in the family candy bucket.
But I'm still eating most of it *sigh*

I'm also checking out various Black Friday vids on youtube and crap my fellow Americans are insane. WTF is the deal? Is this like the American version of running with the bulls? Yes I know the sales discounts tend to be big but so is the risk to life and limb!
Work is open Thanksgiving and I'm scheduled to work. Ugh. and the "Black Friday" sales at work start thurs too. Double ugh. Oh well I guess. I may have to drive to work cuz there's talk in my fam of having dinner or just dessert an the aunt's place, and i'd go there from work so i'd have to drive.
i might drive anyway just so I don't have to deal with being a pedestrian in holiday traffic. Yikes.

I stayed up all night again. It was just as dumb as usual. i got on sephora.com and made my little order. While looking thru old orders to make sure i only chose new free samples i noticed the old Charlotte Ronson Masquerade set was still in stock (who knows how long?) and was majorly marked down. So i added one to my Fresh Sugar mini lip balm set. I'm gonna dig out the one i already have and try it again. if I like as much as i think i remember liking.. I'll probably order a few more while they exist. But at least I'll have had 2 no matter what. More would be nice.
What's weird is i couldn't find that old set except by searching thru my past orders. So here's hoping that keeps a few hidden for me ^_^

However, by some sheer luck i'm not scheduled to work Black Friday! i am soooo hoping it stays that way! i don't wanna go ANYWHERE! You kidding? Don't call me.. I'm hibernating! i will stay in my little room and have my Sims throw lots of house parties! or I'll shop online. Safer that way.
And it is dawn again. *slaps slef* i need to stop doing this!

Unfortunatly reading up on scary black friday things also eventually led (doing the link web thing) to various tips for surviving in the wilderness.
Peri once mentioned water purification tablets. Good idea.
Seems iodine tablets will work too. But I've never seen iodine as tablets. oh well... I'll buy another gallon or 2 of distilled water next time I'm at Kroger's and put them in my cupboard. i am curious about those brown bag ready-to-eat things. I did like the funny pale yellow emergency ration things, after all. And I'd like to think our soldiers get fed well, what with being sent out by rich politicians to get shot at. i consider soldiers to be an even more extreme version of the low-level worker. Just trying to survive. Go after the CEOs/politicians if you don't like what's going on. Don't blame the bottom rung people for doing what they have to in order to eat.
You know?

i sooooo need sleep. Bad Honor!

2 comments:

  1. Since I work nights I'm contemplating going to some of the Thursday night/Friday morning debauchery. Just to get cheap stuff for myself lol. Lindt truffles are so much trouble! The dark chocolate mint ones.. oh my gosh... It was such a horrific thing when I worked at Presumptions and discovered that the seasonal candy went 50% off the day after every holiday (still sad that you ended up at a sucky Presumptions)! Took a couple years to stop hoarding/bingeing after Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc.

    You can get iodine (or other type) water purification tablets at any sporting goods store (like Dick's) or many places with camping sections (even Wal-Mart has a non-iodine type). Same thing with a lot just-add-water foodstuff.

    You should also get a good book on edible wild plants to help you through the apocalypse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, 'Presumptions' I like it. 'Delusions of Grandeur' is probably a bit too long XD

    Stories I've heard of Black Friday shopping absolutely TERRIFIES me. It's the kind of day where I'd either hole up at home or take a picnic to a place far far out of town (Since it's nearly summer here) Lol I'm trying to imagine how you'd have a BBQ for thanksgiving.

    OR you could alternate Sims with comic making. . . Just sayin' . . . :p

    I'm going to have to get some iodine things or water purification gear for my emergency kit. Don't forget to change out your bottled water regularly, it DOES get stagnant and go bad! It's why I miss living in a place with a bath. FIRST thing you do is fill the bath with water, helloooooo drinking water for a few days!

    I want to get one of those survival books. Learn what plants are edible. I can identify what is poisonous here but I can't spot the edible ones that aren't fucking imported garden varieties -.-;

    Soldiers go where they're told and fight what they're told to because that's what they do. It's the blokes telling them where to go who people should have problems with. It's not the fault of the tool, it's the fault of the person controlling it.

    I hope you have a good thanksgiving. Love you and sending lots of hugs <3

    ReplyDelete