Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

2 hours before I gotta go be a good lil wage slave. Munching on a 3oz bag of trail mix. Since it warmed up a bit and I quit wearing foundation it doesn't take me as long to get ready. Sunscreen and spf lip balm and some smeared eyeliner. Hair is still gelled up from yesterday so a quick brush and pin it up. Originally I was trying to use hair and makeup to look different at work than I did outside work but peeps still recognized me because of my glasses. Kinda hard to use makeup to change your face shape when you have glasses cuz they work against the makeup.
But guys sometimes think I'm being nice to them because I like then, like it doesn't occur to them that being nice is part of my job. Then they try to chat me up if they see me outside of work.
Sometimes I even get hit on during work. Freaky. And ofc these guys think they're God's gift or something...and I don't want to come out to a stranger and maybe get hunted down later. So R gets pressed into aacting as my boyfriend again. If I keep getting pressed I just say I'm with him. Heh. Sometimes when me and R and his actual girlfriend are all together, we girls put R between us and link arms. He gets kinda red having two women on his arms and the looks he gets from other guys is funny.
There was a baby shower today that I slept thru. I thought it was yesterday and got cancelled. Oh well, I'm sick and she's having a difficult pregnancy as it is. Last thing she needs is my illness. I have lost hearing in my right ear again, in addition to the usual runny itchy nose. And occasional sore throat.
Mom made cheeseccake last night. It's gonna get cut into tonight while uncle's boys are here and I'm stuck at work. Wonder if I'll get any? Probably just as well.
My feet are ugly. I grew up poor with ill-fitting shoes and my toenails are all wonky. Then sometime as a child I picked up a toenail fungus and I had that for *years*. Finally as an adult I got on lamasil and 9 of my toes cleared up (tho they still point in odd directions). But the middle right toe keeps growing in super-thick for some reason. At least it doesn't appear to be spreading. I've had this one thich weird nail for about 3 years and the others are still like they were post-lamasil. So I got one discolored nail and 9 clear-but-wonky nails. Fun fun.
Also got a scar on my left foot from accidently scraping against the shower door. Damn shower door won't even open all the way cuz it bumps into the sink. My bathroom is absurd. I should take a pic. Replacing the door with a curtain would help a little.
Is everyone grossed out yet? ^_^
This appetite-killer courtesy of my gross feet.
You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. lol I love you and your wonky feet <3 so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATED working in retail and having weird guys coming in and hitting on us. And there were some really weird ones...

    The little toe on my left is constantly shedding its nail. I whacked it on my bed frame a couple years ago, which popped the nail off; and ever since then the nail grows to a certain point and then just fall off.
    -_-
    Feet are gross no matter what. :D

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete