Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Food review!
Today I tried gatorade's protein shake from its new G Series FIT line.
The line has 3 steps, these little bites for "prep" for a workout, a bottle of electrolyte drink for during workout, and a protein chaser for post-workout.
I skipped the first 2 steps. I've just never been much of a gatorade fan. Don't like the taste or how it tends to make my throat feel dry.
But the protein shake had me curious. You know me and protein.

So...G series fit step 3: recover. Protein restorative smoothie.

It is smooth. It's easy on my stomach. You get 12g protein....and 14g total carbs...and 10g of that is sugar. It's 120cals for a 11.16oz box (each box is one whole serving) and they ain't so cheap. I got mine for the sale price of 2.50 it's normally almost $5 at work.

But it is easily digested, at least for me.
But I still can't stand the taste. At all.
I got the strawberry-banana and ewww...the banana half is decent but the "strawberry" is soooo fucking fake! Gag me! It's like that cheap dollor store candy that claims to be gourmet, crossed with the powdered suspensions I would get as a child to treat the respitory infections I got nearly every year.
Actually...no...those medicines taased a lot better.

I read thru the ingredients and nutrition info on all 3 steps and I won't be surprised if they do work as advertised.

But I'll stick w my raisins for prep, plain water during, and milk w protein powder after.
Cheaper..and I think it tastes better.
And less sugar ^_^

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand the taste of gatorade either. I've never been a big fan of sports drinks, they always make me feel thirstier after I drink them o.O

    I DID IT! :D I kept looking at your cheerleading comment to motivate me to finish the assignments! ^.^ You're a gem! *Glomps*

    ReplyDelete