Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

There was another quick post by milady Regzig, a quick oneliner about showbiz being the world's best corset. I'm still hoping that really is her posting. Two short posts in a row, one day apart. Is she afraid? Her last few posts before she dissappeared talked about how she'd suffered an intervention. She'd been sent to "recovery" and was not allowed to leave until she'd hit a minimum weight of 120lbs. That she was afraid she was still being watched.
In fact her very last post before she vanished was about aiming for a small 30hour fast. And then she was gone.
Maybe she's afraid that someone not ana-friendly found her blog? And maybe she's right?
Damn that has me sad. Her right to free speech is being taken away!
And now I'm getting mad. She has a right to free speech! She isn't doing hate speech. She's not trying to incite people to violence and she has never encouraged non-anas to become anorexic! She openly admits that anorexia kills!
Why is she not allowed to talk about her thoughts and her life and her job??
We already know that thinner girls get more jobs in hollywood and fashion. So why can't she talk about that reality and what she *has* to do in order to keep her job? The fashion/entertainment world is run by a bunch of fucking hypocrites!

You know what else pisses me off? Why are anas singled out? Obesity is at record highs and yet it's us undereaters who are called "disordered" and thrown into clinics. Will someone please explain to me why it's more socially acceptable to be so fucking fat you need a scooter to go grocery shopping? Why are we the ones being called wrong here? Because we dare to point out that being fat is a choice?

Doesn't let fashion or hollywood off the hook tho. They're still hypocrites.

Imagine going to a makeup counter. You are looking for foundation. You try the foundations there and none of them match your skin tone. And then the makeup seller tells you to change your skin tone to match one of the foundations. Wouldn't you tell the makeup seller to go to hell?

So why are women expected to change our bodies to match fashion sizing?

Thoughts are kinda going everywhere. I'm just mad right now. My desire to be thin should come from myself...not from fashion telling me I don't deserve to wear their stuff.

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes wonder if and when fashion will swing back the other way--if the curves of the 1950's will ever come back. I wonder where that will leave us?

    Just posted one more chapter of the Fairy Queen. It's actually up to date now. I have to write the rest...


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope no one hacked her account.. thats kinda what I'm afraid of, I don't know. I mean, it's been like two years, and suddenly, no explanation, she's back?
    I don't know.. I hope it is her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really hoping for Regzig to give us a hint, or explain a little about her disappearance. I hope it's actually her. I kinda wonder why there's no comments yet on the recent posts of hers, she's very famous in the ED world (and the real world). I like the foundation analogy, I completely agree with what you said. I saw a XS shirt at Ralph Lauren, wanted it so badly, it was the EXACT same shirt as the one next to it, BUT a size Large (of that same shirt) was $5 cheaper!!! Pissed me off. Shouldn't L be more expensive, uses more material?

    ReplyDelete