Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bad me still being up. I work today (4am where I am) and driver test fri!
R took me driving, went to walmart yet again and I bought clothes, a lovely buttonup pink shirt that reminded me of one i'd seen on Samantha Ronson in an old pic... and I bought my first tie.
I mean I have other ties but those ones were stolen from my bro or grandpa xD
This one I bought. Pretty ivory and looks soooooo good against the pink shirt.
Now I just need some pretty gray slacks and a coat!

K this next part is kinda gross...
For like the past 2 weeks I've had muffled hearing in my right ear. I mean without any other symptoms. Sometimes when I get a sore throat my right ear goes cottony muffled but now the sore throat is gone and it's like I have an ear plug permanently installed. I can hear but it's all muffled.
A few years ago Mom had my ears looked at by the doc for this same problem, and the doc decided to have the poor nurse flush out both my ears. It took her forever. Soon I held the bucket under my ears cuz she needed both hands to work the syringe. She remarked how hard the wax was.
When it was over she'd gotten inch-long wax plugs out of my ears. Out of each ear mind you.
I could hear painfully well for several days.
R is worried that the problem might be in eustachian tube, esp since I seen to constantly get cols and/or allergies.
I guess either is possible.

Here's the weird thing..... my right ear isn't just muffled. It's muffled because it's like a seashell is always by that ear. I can hear a gentle roaring like a river. A pulsing river. I'm hearing my pulse. And bloodflow. Weird. Everything I hear has to come thru that. It's ignorable most the time but I notice it when it's quiet.

Ok just did a hydrogen peroxide flush like dad always did when we were kids (he also has the wax problem) I'll probably have to do several flushes over a few days. Cuz of how long it's been. Good news is there is no pain. Online forums say putting H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) in an infected ear tends to cause pain. So yay! And the H2O2 that drained out definitely had wax...it was all yellow and some brown bits ewwwwwww.
But H2O2 does irritate the bare skin of my external ear and make it itch a bit so I only flushed twice.
Do again tomorrow.
I try to sleep now.

3 comments:

  1. I had so many ear problems when I was little, still do sometimes, so I feel your pain! I hated having to get my ears flushed.. yuck. Good luck darling. (ties can be soo cute on girls, I wanna see!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAhhhhh ear stuff makes me squeamish! And I'm not squeamish at all in general (you can't be when you're an accident magnet and prone to things like 6-inch nails through your feet from walking around outside barefoot too often....).

    The seashell noise could be from wax buildup. When sh*t builds up in your ears it blocks off sound outside, therefore magnifying sounds on the inside.

    Post a step-by-step of how to flush your ears out at home? I haven't had that done in years and my hearing could probably benefit from a good flushing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hugs* Ouch! I had a massive ear infection which i ignored until my eardrum exploded D: I'm glad it's not the same thing for you! I hope it clears up quickly :)

    Lol, blogger didn't eat your comment. I'm just a useless twat who takes forever to reply to them and publish them. I get a backup and keep putting it off while the pile gets bigger. . .

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete