Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On break at work. Phone browser crashed a few times grrrr.
Filming yesterday went well I guess. I can't play Pedestals yet but I pulled out a short old piece that was sufficiently creepy and video guy liked it. After I was filmed the still photographer had her turn. Turns out she used to play violin back in the day and she could tell how nervous I was during filming. Since it no longer mattered what I played I just screwed around while she took her shots. I played the Hidden Palace theme from Sonic 2 (as in old Genesis..a deleted level but. The song was still in the sound test)
I also have a few measures of Linken Park's Breaking the Habit figured out and they all laughed once they recognized it. That was cool.
I am still working on Ronson's songs, once I'm at dad's I'll have a piano that is accessible instead of lost behind stuff from uncle slowly moving out. And my cheapie electric keyboard is a kiddie toy that can't play chords. So yea.
Checked out my online class that started last night. The one textbook is 114 dollars on amazon. How much you wanna bet it's even more $$ at school bookstore? Grrrr. One fucking boook...just cuz it's the newest edition that came out in feb this year or something. Evil...I swear a new edition comes out every year. What's the difference anyway?
What a racket.

2 comments:

  1. School textbooks are always outrageous. I am investing in an E-Reader Tablet (Barnes and Noble Nook) because E-Textbooks are significantly cheaper. What online class are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See if you can find a copy of that book on ebay. I did that all through college, or got them used on Amazon because the price for those textbooks new is HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

    Are you going to show us any of your songs on here? I'd love to listen to your versions! Especially Sonic. :D

    The "pro-ana" study project woman sent me a round of questions and I answered them. Basic stuff, like how long have you had an eating disorder, how do you feel about it, what do you get out of blogger, etc. I'm hoping she paid attention to my responses. I was quite thorough.

    My legs are not that nice. I cheat with spray-on stockings:
    http://www.amazon.com/Sally-Hansen-Airbrush-Legs-Light/dp/B001R2IGEC

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete