Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Had Mom take me to campus to avoid having to park without a parking pass. Thanks Ma!
Campus bookstore charged $161 for the book. Vs amazon's $114.07 and that was brand new. Sadly the edition I was ordered to get only came out in feb-mar 2011 so the used ones were actually similar priced...one USED copy was even listed at 165. Wtf? That poor shmuck must have bought it on campus.
Good news is amazon has a Student program where textbooks get free 2 day shipping. But it required getting into my school email inbox to verify being a student.
Getting into my school-run email = half an hour of swearing and fighting a shitty microsoft setup.
Seriously I run microsoft windows at home so you'd think i'd know my way around right?
WRONG.
Outlook + school system = endless shit.
But I did manage it and my book should be here Saturday. Yay!

I have started thinking about setting up a youtube acct. Anyone else have one? Are they free?
I mean I would like to put my little arrangements out there, and i'd really like Samantha to hear what I'm trying to do with her songs that I love. I have an equipment problem tho....I need a mic, but I know where to get one (probably thinkgeek cuz they have star trek stuff heeee)
But what about recording software? I don't think "sound recorder" will cut it. And what about video editing? Tho to be honest I'll probably just want a still image or series of images with the song, probably a pic of my pretty instrument ^_^
I already know what I want as my userpic...a pic of the crown-wearing cat from Ronson' ooooold video Pull My Hair Out. Just no idea how to get it. I think I have a greenscreen pic of Sam holding the cat-puppet so I could use that too.
Btw if you wanna see something weird, look up her old video. I still can't figure out if the proper response is secondhand embarassment or if she was taking the piss out of something. There's a butch and femme version of Samantha, I know "pussy" is used to refer to vaginas, and things like pogo sticks and a big billboard of a hot dog (weiner?) And yea.... I still puzzle over it sometimes.
Other times I refer to it as Lisa Frank on vitamins*


Hi Mich ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I have a youtube for Meh Vlogs and yup: They're free! My profile pic is an Entelodont skull :3 There ARE file size and video length limits, so you'll need to get video compressing software :/

    What the fuck is up with the rule that all Uni operating systems have to be crap and the textbooks have to be so sodding expensive? NO WONDER student loans are getting so damn big D:

    Huh? Wha? Damn I need to watch Dark Crystal again, I don't see it XD

    LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the vitamins. ^_^

    I have a youtube account! Although being technologically semi-retarded, I'm not really sure how to use it.... I think my username is Bella2828 (as in BellaTRIX LeStrange, not Bella Swan).

    Sound and film editing software tends to be extremely pricey. And apparently a GIANT waste of money as well. I split the cost of Final Cut with a few other film majors at uni (we made copies of all the cd's). In total Final Cut went for like $1,000.00. And now my version is very outdated, and Mac wants several hundred dollars for me to get the upgrade?!? It's BS.
    iMovie isn't that bad. And you might be able to find a free copy of Adobe Premiere on the internet (idk if they still make that?). As for sound equipment, I'm afraid that's not in my vast realm of knowledge. :D

    Idk what it is about college websites, but college webmail + outlook always equals epic fail. Good luck with that!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete