Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Evil Shower Vs Honor

Pigged out on Taco Bell today after my driving practice. We went to a parking lot and practiced maneuverability. Also had me drive to Walmart and I got a shower curtain and rod and rings. Now I just gotta get the fucking door off. It's harder than it sounds.
For starters, my bathroom is really fucking poorly designed. There's no room for much of anything to begin with.

So I started by going inside the shower, shutting the door, and trying to unscrew the frame.
Problem...
I can't reach an entire side cuz the door and its joint don't give room for a screwdriver. Whether open or shut, there's no room.

So next I tried to take the door off so I could reach the frame.


Well the top screw came off (and I think it went down the drain) but the door won't slide in its track: seems the bottom is also screwed. And I can't reach that screw.
I also can't put the top screw back in.
So I got a door that's all lopsided in its frame.
What's more, I've now noticed just how corroded the bottom of the doorframe is. The failed sealant they used when they first put the door in has turned into porous rock, allowing water thru but holding the door.
I've known that the door leaked for a long while cuz I could see where the rubber seal had broken and curled in. I didn't notice until now that under the doorframe was leaking too.


Fuck! Where's my chisel? Got my hammer!

THIS ISN'T OVER, YOU EVIL SHOWER!

3 comments:

  1. Lol I love the pics!!

    Sounds exactly like my bathroom in my old apartment (only yours looks twice as large). You couldn't open the door all the way because the mega-cheap plastic box (apparently a shower) was too big for the room.

    At least you still have a shower. The maintenance guy came to "fix" ours and he ended up just taking the whole thing out (to replace it the next day, he said). For over 2 weeks, I had a hole in my bathroom floor that looked down into my neighbour's kitchen.

    But I have faith in you. You will vanquish the evil shower, and then clean fresh shower-curtained victory will be yours!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET THAT SHOWER HONOR, GET IT GET IT GETITGETITGETIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa! Geeze, I though MY bathroom was shitty! *Hugs* YOU CAN BEAT IT!!

    Your cartoons are awesome :3 Made my day!

    Ugh, the problem is that the different counsellors/therapists/doctors offices don't share their info on you. I could go to 5 different places and get enough zopiclone to fell an elephant! Idiots -.-

    I hope you've had more luck with The Shower of Evil today! Good luck!

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete