Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hello....on phone at work. It's the middle of day 3 on that 6 day stretch at work. My feet start hurting only 2hrs in now.
Yesterday was beastly hot. Like 90 or 98 degrees. Last night something blew and my whole neighborhood plus some parts of other neighborhoods and a few businesses had no power for 3 hours. Mom and I hung out at Taco Bell, and we ate and literally chilled out in their working air conditioning.
And that was after I ate a tv dinner at home before the lights went out.
Haven't had another crack at the evil shower door yet, too hot on my floor. Mom does have 2 tiny window units on the main floor but all they did was make it possible to breathe!
I mean they did make it more comfy, but it wasn't really cool, but the window a/c units did keep that awful humidity down inside :)
I amused myself by trying to find DIY instructions for taking off shower doors.. seems most peeps who want to remove shower doors have the sliding double doors on a shower/tub combo. Ugh. I did find mentions of pivot doors but no pictures. Well it's cooling down a bit finally, so perhaps I'll try again soon.
After my feet stop throbbing.

On car front, I have a happy car and R says I should be able to schedule a driving test online (since I'm working when they're open) but I can't find where to sign up. Dammit! And the clock is ticking. I'm sure I'm gonna fail at least once. This may be a good time to PANICCCCCC!
Just finished my joint drink mix for today. I have 6 of those awful diabetes vitamin mixes left.
Ugh...think I'll make my protein drink instead, even tho I don't have the waterbottle w the dissolved cupcake tablet in it.
Protein might help me not pig out when I get home. Cuz I've been stuffing my face after work the last few days.

2 comments:

  1. Protein is great for not pigging out after work, it takes longer to digest so it keeps your body from gaing into OMGIMSTARVINGOMNOMNOMNOM-mode -.-; I've found this out the hard way.

    Gah! I don't envy you the heat! D: We have nice hard freezes every night now. Wanna come visit? :p

    Lol Ronson does, does she? I don't blame her, fingerless gloves are FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC! Although, probably not so much in summer XD

    Hope you have a better, cooler day tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. urgh it was hot as hell where I am too, but it stormed last night and today is much more pleasant both in heat and humidity. good luck with the shower door :) and driving test sign-up, and food stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete