Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ungh..... I am nervous as hell.

Still blogging from phone, still att dad's....and haven't gotten on my online class since last sat.
That's BAD.
But it was hard figuring out the computers over here. And I can't get on my class from phone.
Ugh ugh.
Finally got a comp here to work, am online at last and trying to muster the courage to log inn.
Why didn't I just go to a computer somewhere else since I was having so much trouble here? Yea ok I'm usually working thru the school comp lab hours etc but I could have gone back to Mom's!
My empty wallet and need to conserve gas vs my need to pass this class.
And now it's been just over a week since I logged in.

Fuuuuuuuuckkkk....
I can still do this, right?

Ok... my main fear is of being scolded by the prof.
Realistically.....would this happen? Would a professor really use the group bulletin board just to call me out?
Unlikely.
A private email?
More likely.
What is the worst that can happen?
I have missed one week of logging in. Roughly equiv to 4 class days in a row. 3 assignments I know I missed the deadlines. Possibly more. I'm sure not more than 5.
I may not get a straight A but if I can get over this fear of simply logging in...I think I can still pass.

Just...damn..... sooooo scared!
Scared the prof will be very cold and simply flunk me. If I'm gonna be flunked then best to just hide, right?
One week. One week out of something like 7 or 8 total. So one-eighth of the class I just totally missed.
This is a high-speed class tho so yea it's kinda serious.
It's also all online so not like the prof can even glare at me.
Still scared still scared.

Ok....logged in..... and fuuuck I gotta take a crap.

Unreal how scared I am. I'm on a computer at an address that is nowhere in the school's system..well not connected to me anyway.
I don't have to look at anyone. I don't even have to post tonight...just get a feel for what I missed and start catching up. Prof said we'd be reading about 400 pages a week. That's actually a small number for me.
Still scared still scared.
This fear is irrational.
If I get on there's a chance at saving my grade.
If I stay away then I'm guaranteed to flunk.
What would be less terrifying to explain...a week's absence or a whole class failed?
I have got to do this!
Ok.... as expected I've got missed assignments. Looks like two short papers and two discussion questions thus far.
The short essays are supposed to be emailed as an attached file..major problem without a computer.
Ok...that's two down.... two gone (dunno if he'd let me make it up? Afraid to ask)
Check out discussions.
There seem to be a lot of political-conservative types in the group I was assigned to.

Ok...class's first question
A mad philosopher has tied 6 people to train tracks. Five people are tied down one track and one is tied on the other track. You are holding a switch and a train is speeding towards the 5 peeps. Do you throw the switch and send the train down the track with just one person or do you do nothing while 5 die?
Scenario 2: a healthy tourist goes to a checkup and you the doctor notice the tourist would be a perfect match for 5 sick patients awaiting organs. Should you kill this 1 tourist to save the lives of the 5?

What would u do in each case and why?
Are these two scenarios the same? Why or why not?

I'm the only one using philosophy terms and thinking about stuff like agency and self-actualization. There are peeps here who think these scenarios are the same! Wtf!

In #1 the mad philosopher is the active agent and the best I can hope to do is minimize casualties.
In #2 the doctor/me is the agent and the tourist is in no danger at all unless I put him in danger. That's what makes it murder.

Agree? Disagree? Am I gonna want to throtle the classmates?

No comments:

Post a Comment