Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I am still here. Very much still here. Just not sure what to say. Can't really defend the way I've been eating. But hey let's talk anyway.

This past Friday I somehow wrenched my back. Every movement hurt. Getting up, lying down, sitting, standing, even just taking a deep breath. I spend all day Sat and most of Sun in my bed trying to avoid making it worse.
And I ate a lot of sugar.
Sugar is definitely a dru. The sweetness was pleasant and helped me forget the pain for a little bit. Then ofc I would move and the pain stab back and I wanted more sugar.
Sunday R dropped by and put my spine back into place. Or as in-place as a twisted scoliosis spine like mine can get. I successfully restricted Monday, but Monday night something wrenched out again. While it wasn't as bad as the weekend, I still had 2 full stength Motrins in me when I went to work today. And ofc it was truck day and ofc the lazy fucktards at the "distribution center" don't give a rat's ass for obeying the 15lb limit. So yea.... I've had a fun few days.

At least I got a food review out of it. I tried a cookie dough flavor Balance bar Monday. And it was pretty good. A wee bit carby at 22g, 17g of which was sugar, but it had 15g protein, at 210cals and had some vitamins added in.
And it tasted pretty good. It was reasonably cookie-dough-like. Mostly soft with lightly crispy bits throughout. And the chocolate coating was sufficiently chocolate-like.
If these go on sale again I will probably pick a few up. I bought them where I work so it's not something I feel a need to stock up on tho.

Ok...motrin time then I'm gonna try to slepp. "Try" being the operative word.

5 comments:

  1. wow, honey! i am so sorry that you put your back out- it sounds sooo painful. you are strong, i would have gone MENTAL :)
    i hope you do manage some sleep, and sweet dreams to you beautiful girl!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear god, I'm extremely glad I'm not in Storeroom, coz I've heard nightmare tales of badly loaded pallets and stock falling over in transit thanks to bad stacking *Sigh*

    Sending you painkilling vibes <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you can crush that sugar addiction. just try to remember you aversion to carbs. sugar=carbs carbs=no ketosis
    i don't know if you're still going for ketosis at the moment but maybe it'll help
    stay strong
    sleep good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar is compounding your problem, sweet pea!

    http://www.inspiredliving.com/painrelief/pain-relief-foods.htm

    This list is somewhat confusing as it says to avoid fruits but there are lots of fruits on the list of things that reduce inflammation. It's just a layout error. It really means to avoid "citrus fruits". :)

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I've been gone lately, I'm still thinking about cha just so ya know, I just haven't known what to say, I hope you don't get hurt again

    ReplyDelete