Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oh Willpower, where art thou?
I'm gonna swing back into calorie cycling.. the bingey that happened when i got home after work today can be balanced out by restricting after 8pm tomorrow. I got a few days coming where I work every other day so this should work out for a bit. Yay for easing back into the swing. Cuz i went up grrrr... And I'm getting very annoyed.




Ok... since I'm on comp for a hot second... peeps know I'm not a blohan fan, but she does have fans (stans?) who yell and whine about she had a rough deal being a young star (and none of that $ went to therapy so really?? anyway..) and so I'm gonna stick with a topic where every person out there can be FAIRLY criticized.

Fashion. ^_^

Whatever you think of her  possible drug deal in plain sight... what she wears in public will always be fair game.

Ok then.. to be fair i actually think this dress is pretty. It's a pure white lacey number that has lovely lace all the way up the sleeves. It's a white slip with a fancy lace overlay to be honest. It's far too lowcut for someone like me but if the neckline were adjusted.. i would totally wear this.
I even kinda like the purse. Vibrant without being in-your-face and the swingy trim is fun.

But what the flying FUCK is up with the leopard print loafers? Seriously? I think my Grandpa wore those as slippers back when I was in diapers.

And the bug-eye sunglasses? Only reason I ever wear those is because my prescription eyeglasses are under then. What's her excuse?

Also I'd love to get an upclose look at her scalp. She's maintained that Playboy-white-blonde thing for awhile now, meaning she's been having her roots touched up at least every 10 days. Add in the extensions and I'm wondering where her real hair begins.
I've never had extensions but I'm told they can pull hair right out if worn for too long. Anyone have experience there?


in other news, Samantha continues to develop her stage legs by performing in small but well-connected venues with objective reviewers mixed in with her friends and support network. (also.. please note her dark roots here. Blonde hair takes a LOT of maintenance. Also.. I think I want that haircut.)  I'm happy to hear that her voice is getting stronger and her stage presence is becoming solid. Sad that I can definitely hear smoking damage, which affects her ability to nail her notes right out of the gate. her control is still a little slippery but she has a damn good ear and can hear when she's off, and she's back in tune often by the next note. You can see her looking back to her crew a few times, especially when she sounds off.
It's a good sign, really. I've sung live on stage too and it can be damn hard to hear your accompaniment when they're behind you. She's open to being conducted.
I hope she continues to improve, and I REALLY hope that Erin can get her to ninja-kick the fucking Marlboros!

Samantha at the Viper Room Aug 2011 (I'm sooo glad someone there recorded this... Viper Room did not livestream it!)
Also.... I want that belt. And possible the shirt and that red scarf thing. Pretty much everything she has on... except the shoes. i'd hurt myself in those.
(aond ofc i want the girl wearing the clothes but Erin has quite the Death Stare and i don't wanna cross her!)

So I'm gonna be a good girl and go to bed and NOT think about hot DJs who belong to someone else.

And it's 5am again.. gee i think there's a connection between my late nights and my climbing weight. Hmm...
*slaps self hard*

4 comments:

  1. Calorie cycling might be a good thing. Hopefully it can help you keep everything in check. You might have better will power if you get on a semi-regular sleep schedule/don't stay up so late?
    I'm horrible with music and the notes. I guess you could say I'm tone-deaf. I wouldn't have a clue if someone sang the right note or the wrong one. And I'm not very good with fashion. I like LiLo's dress except for the long sleeves. I never have understood long sleeves (or pretty much any sort of sleeve) on a dress. I just fond it odd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lack of sleep= increased appetite and increased stress on the body which makes it lay down fat more.

    I should take my own advice :p

    Now stop dissecting performances and go to sleep!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can maintain the white-blonde with more than 10 days between touch-ups. Mine's pretty light at this point, and I can sometimes go as long as 5 weeks before getting the roots re-done. All depends on how you style it, and what products you
    re using. :)

    But yeah extensions + bleaching can't be good for your hair. I know mine would fall out....

    Good luck with the calorie-cycling!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. GL with the calorie cycling.

    And yeah I dunno what is up with lindsays loafers they ruin the whole outfit.

    I have clip in extensions bc I've heard so many horror stories about real extensions wrecking your hair.

    ReplyDelete