Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Food review!
Or...edible item review anyway... not all of my items are technically food this time around.
My first 2 thinkgeek orders are here and I've dug into both.
So I'll be looking at the caffeine mints, cupcake toothpaste, cupcake fizzy tabs and astronaut ice cream. My Buzz Bites caffeine chocolate chews also arrived and I'll probably try them tomorrow since I close at work tonight and I need to get up early to go to church tomorrow ...and then I also work tomorrow!
Also the whif chocolate.

Quick update on my car....the battery is dead. It took a tiny charge but didn't hold the charge very well and had no ouutput. So I need a new battery. I kinda want to keep the charger tho....I like having the option to charge my battery if my car sits idle too long again. And a new battery wouldn't run much beyond $60 and I've spent more than that at thinkgeek!

So back to my reviews...
First up- th e cupcake flavored toothpaste. It actually tastes more like the whipped icing we get for grandpa cuz he's diabetic. It's kinda sweet but not really as sweet as the full sugar frosting. It tastes like the whipped frosting. It is a brownish pink and it doesn't foam up or anything. You'll need to use more than you think. There's no fluoride or whiteners..it's as basic as a toddler's training toothpaste. It's really just a lubricant for the toothbrush to move around easier.
That said..I still like it. Seeing it makes me smile and I have been brushing my teeth more often lately. It's also a tiny 2.5 oz tube so maybe is airplane friendly?

Next...
Foosh caffeinated mints. These are seriously caffeinated.... 100mgs of caffeine in each individual mint and you get 12 mints in a tin. They made me pleasantly alert but I was not jittery. The problem for me is the mint taste was sooo strong I damn near sneezed the mint right out of my mouth several times! If you can handle Altoids without a problem then these will probably work much better for you than they do for me.
I have 9 mints left to try to get used to strong mint taste. I'm trying. Cuz these mints really are a good deal. Only 5 cal each and they work for me better than 5hr energy does.. (5hr energyy makes me feel overheated sometimes)

I already ate two of my 3 astronaut ice cream. The neopolitan flavor is just like it was when I was a kid at COSI. But I liked the chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips much better. Both are excellent products, I'm just not a strawberry ice cream fan. Which is weird cuz I love strawberries. The third one is mint chocolate chip. I think I'll have it now actually....
Mmmm very nice....mint chocolate chip is my fave non-astronaut ice cream too.
Sometimes I wonder if I can tastes the flavors better when they're freeze-dried simply because there's no coldness to numb my tastebuds.
Astronaut ice cream has such an interesting texture. Like soft foamy or something...and it's fun to let it "melt" on my tongue :D
Omnomnom

I'm still undecided about the cupcake fizzy tablets. Seems the taste only shows up in 6oz water or less...and like the toothpaste the fizzy tabs taste more like the whipped icing. Ok the tabs do taste better than the toothpaste, but not by much.
However...the tabs have sugar (toothpaste is sugarfree) and the tabs still seem to help me resist sugar cravings.
Actually I had no sugar cravings at all after drinking the fizzytab water. I was craving-free for a few hours, like until I got hungry 4 hours later. I still have 8 tabs left so I'll keep experimenting.

Finally...the Le Whif breathable chocolate. I really wanted to like this.....I'm a chocoholic. But it's 3 plastic tubes with chocolate powder or something inside. It make me cough a few times, and I either couldn't really taste anything or I was coughing. And when I did manage to get some of the powder on my tongue it wasn't very sweet. Seriously doubt I'll get these again. It's a nice idea, but I guess the delivery system needs more work.
Please note thinkgeek does not make Le Whif...they only sell it. And it is selling so someone must like it.
Yay for thinkgeek having soooooo much other cool stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I want those mints!

    Hmmmmmm, make a doggie base?

    EEEEEEE I FOUND DIAMOND! AND aced my first dungeon. My house now has a lovely mossy cobblestone floor ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely trying the fizzy cupcake things... Thanks for posting reviews! I might get the toothpaste for my friend's baby, she just started teething.

    ReplyDelete